3 hours queuing for mythic plus

Insta-declined for most … did not get in one group in 3 hours of signing up, while having the maximum amount of available sign-ups the entire time.

Only for keys that I’d timed at that level multiple times, and only for keys that I outgeared by at least 10 ilvl and had 100 io higher than.

I have mostly pink and orange parses, and average very high purple (from pugging).

What these people are looking at is priest.

They’re looking for mages, druids, hunters, would consider warlocks, dk’s, or rogues. It doesn’t matter how much better I am than they are, or if I’m going to mass dispel and save the group for the last boss on Plaguefall this week or the skeleton boss in ToP, and kill ALL of the explosives.

I’m literally NEVER going to be invited to a pve group as a priest this xpac, regardless of how far I exceed the content.

I am absolutely willing to heal, and have 0 trouble outhealing most healers that I’ve experienced in keys, especially resto druids (that rely on bres as part of their rotation) … but “no disc” is incredibly common in lfg titles, and priest is looked down upon overall to such a high degree that there’s without any doubt nothing that’s looked down upon worse.

This xpac blows, if you played priest.

There isn’t any other class that’s this unviable (with no specs to fall back on) than priests are.

11 Likes

I actually don’t know anything about the whole Mythic(+) dungeon system.

/shrug

2 Likes

Unfortunate. I suggest finding people online who play when you do or reroling to a desirable class.

Make your own group then?

40 Likes

Push your key. As a assassination rogue I don’t get invited to any pug group/raid so I push my Key.

7 Likes

I’ve thought about rerolling to druid, but the requirement to play at high end requires a lot of time (a lot more than any previous xpac). I’m hoping that attention can be raised as to how imbalanced the game is currently, but if not it’s best to just hop off of WoW tbh … talking multiple full work weeks of life to play a new character and catch up.

3 Likes

You always push your key every time? My io is 1179. I push my key. I spend 20 hours a week pushing keys.

You do also? And find good results?

2 Likes

Blizz likes to give me necrotic wake keys FeelsBadMan

11 Likes

…takes me like 20 hours to get a char from 50 to m+ ready. That said everyone’s different and I have friends to play with. There won’t be any major balance changes until may (9.1 at the earliest) and truth be told your issue is a player problem not a Blizz problem. So long as m+ can be failed and the majority of players are bad, people will enforce stricter standards than necessary to increase odds of success

1 Like

Player problem? Did you miss the part where I’m literally a top 1% player?

3 Likes

Same. I feel you. Would be over 1250 if I ever got a Mists key.

Also, you have a VERY viable and highly sought after spec. Priests do not. There are no groups in finder that say “no rogues”, while there are dozens that say “no priests”.

1 Like

Not always. Only this xpac since they screwed Assas rogue and I made Rank 2 leg go for it in second week thinking they will fix it later. Now I don’t have any weapon to re roll into outlaw( my loot specialization is outlaw but nothing has dropped yet)

No? But that’s irrelevant. This isn’t a skill issue based on what you said. This is a problem based on how other players view priests. Hence a player problem. Just like 50 dps applying for every key above a +12 leads to ridiculous wait times because so few people wanna tank. That’s also a player problem. If more people enjoyed tanking for pugs there would be less waiting.

As a druid tank I normally want a lust: Hunter/mage

A melee/interrupts:DK, monk, rogue, warrior.

A shroud: rogue

Then one free slot.

Sometimes I can get a shaman healer for lust and don’t need a shroud, or have a group willing to use invis pots, then I can choose any DPS.

I know for a fact I’ve taken priests before.

That being said, if the group doesn’t have a lust yet and you and a hunter sign up, im picking the hunter every time.

2 Likes

Not invited because shadow, hello darkness my old friend.
I agree with everything you said but not

I personally don’t find this iteration as my fav but i wont deny priest especially disc shadow have been solid so far.

I think this is just another case of community perception, stigma or w/e you wanna call it. Most of the ones you mentioned bring better tools to the table.

I almost feel like having an engCR did not help me either as shadow.

2 Likes

I hear you op, sadly this game has become meta or nothing. I’m not sure what can be done to fix it. I main a frost mage and the spec is blacklisted too to a certain extent because of it’s cousin meta fire. It’s no longer play what you enjoy :frowning:

It usually takes about 10 to 20 minutes for me as a 900io arms warrior to find a group and warriors are like the least desirable class atm so I wouldn’t say it’s that bad.

1 Like

Id say I’d take a warrior over a priest, on average, just for the interrupts.

Stacking ranged is very bad in some dungeons.

1 Like

No. What they are looking at is a dps in a sea of dps. If you want insta queues that badly learn to heal.

3 Likes