3 Derby Mark, for Fishing derby that is once per account & only once per week!

“We respect your time.” :rofl: :rofl:
Also what are people without alts supposed to do? Level alts? I have no idea what’s going on at Blizzard right now.

2 Likes

For someone who was only ever going to do the derby once per character, yeah, dropping from 25 down to 3 is a pretty big hit.

But at the same time, looking at it in terms of time spent fishing, the derby itself usually doesn’t take very long to complete. You get an hour, but if your goal is just to complete the quest it can take as little as 5 minutes or so and you’ll probably get several marks from non-derby fish along the way as well. Rotating alts through the derby (if the quest was actually working for alts like it’s supposed to be) doesn’t sound too bad if they’re each worth around 10 or so marks, as an alternative to the old design of getting an hour at most to obtain a maximum of 45 marks (25 from the quest, plus a maximum of 20 for catching every TWW fish within the time limit).

1 Like

This is an absolutely terrible change. I’m a one character type player. I do have alts, but they generally only see playtime towards the end of an expansion. So at 3 marks a week, I’m looking at 3 and a half YEARS just to get enough marks to be able to buy the outfit - much less everything else. Even factoring in the fact that you get extra marks for first fish, it’s still going to take a heck of a lot longer than the 5 months or so it would have taken at 25 marks a week.

Unless, of course, I want to level up 7 alts and spend 4-5 hours every Saturday fishing. Seriously? Are people who DO play alts even going to do that?

And that’s just for the most expensive item. There’s another for 250, and another for 100, and a bunch for 50 each. I added them up (not counting the recipes or the skill up book or the extra threads), and it would take 1050 marks for all the stuff.

Best case, you get 3 for your first toon, plus 20 for the buff for all 20 unique fish, so that’s 23 per week. And then the extra 3 for each toon for the quest, once they get that working correctly. Due to the bug, it’s not clear if each toon would also get the extra up to 20 for the unique fish each week or if that is just once per week per warband.

Bottom line: you could fish for an hour before, get 25 plus 20 or 45 in a hour per week. Now to get that 45, you need your first toon to get their 23, and then another 7 toons at 3 each, and that gets you to 23+21=44. That’s a whole lot of additional fishing to get to where we were before.

Best case: each toon gets the 3 per quest plus the 20 unique per week, then that’s 23 total potentially per week per toon, for however many toons you have. But realistically, you’ll spend a full hour per toon to get all 20 unique fish. Still, that wouldn’t be too bad as you could get what you got before the change in twice the time, plus you could grind out the stuff faster if you have a bunch of alts and enough time every Saturday (and patience) to do all that.

It’s just not clear right now since it is clearly bugged on alts for the buff exactly how this is going work (and jeeze Blizz, c’mon and test this stuff for Titan’s sake!). Not surprisingly, the patch note is vague on what the actual change is meant to be.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

I would much rather the cooking recipes be stupid expensive than having to do the derby every week for six months just to get a few items. Make the thing that’s selling for high gold harder to obtain. Don’t punish the rest of us by making EVERYTHING harder to obtain.

Not only did they nerf this but its broken now.
If you fail the quest or abandoned it and retake your special fish wont count for the quest. you also wont get the buff again.
ITS NOW BROKEN
GOOD WORK. GOT TO NERF THEM MARKS.
I just bought the recipes on the AH and YOU CAN KEEP THE crap MOUNT! thanks for nothing!
Keep nerfing something that shouldn’t even be on the radar with all the bugs and crap right now

1 Like