3 Derby Mark, for Fishing derby that is once per account & only once per week!

So it was 25, now its 3.

Why is it account wide then, or once per week ?

It needs to be per character or a daily.

5 Likes

I would rather spend one hour to get 25 marks then have to do it 8 times to get the same number.

6 Likes

Agreed. I was really really surprised to see the marks nerfed so much. Why even do the quest fish? You get one per unique fish you catch during that hour anyway which is up to 20 or 25? However many types of fish there are. So previously we were getting 40-50ish each Saturday.

I get maybe 25 felt like a lot to lose if you did not get the 3 quest fish, but 3 is way too little!

5 Likes

Yeah I noticed that today. But idk how I got 123 besides getting marks for fishing up other fish in the pools. It should be more, at least 5-10 if its once a week with the buff being an hour.

1 Like

you got 123 of what?

marks total. They must of nerfed it. I didnt noticed how much i got before but that seems very low.

1 Like

I absolutely love to chill and fish and this is just as dumb as it comes. I have ZERO interest in doing the derby now. Iv flown past it three times today and not once did i think… maybe i should just do it… because honestly thats just me saying its okay and ill live with it. I would rather just not participate.

4 Likes

from other weeks you mean - that would be a whole new bug if you got 123 marks this week.

all for the diving suit which is cosmetic. smh timegating fishing now.

2 Likes

yes sorry that how much i have total since it started.

1 Like

and on top of that you need a min of 180 fishing with the new area just to get the buff

1 Like

Only reason to do the derby now is for the achievement for the fish mount.

Assuming you actually get the buff applied to your character so you are even able to do the achievement, since it seems to not actually get applied when you pick up the quest.

1 Like

Just completed this weeks and hadnt realised this, what a waste of my time. I wont even bother with it now

2 Likes

It only seems to apply to your first character. Get d/c’d or log out? The buff timer continues and if you aren’t back in time, you lose it–You can’t abandon and re-activate it, it won’t count any of your catches after that happens, so you’re stuck trying again next Sat and hoping you don’t get d/c’d. And you can’t even do it on alts atm, bc the buff is bugged and doesn’t get activated. :roll_eyes: Not to mention the folks who don’t even have alts.

2 Likes

i would still get the buff for the achievement i just need that one fish the you need 350+ fishing from what wowhead posters has said

1 Like

where are you getting that from - I have two characters with 300 fishing skill and my second character could not get the buff this morning. That buff is just bugged as far as I know on alts.

1 Like

According to Wowhead the quest can only be done on one char per Warband. So you can’t get the buff on different chars.

EDIT - I see as Aquire mentioned below. We can now do this on mult chars, hence the huge nerf.

2 Likes

I am asking that poster where he is getting that from because he has twice said you need a certain skill to get the buff on an alt re the hotfixes.

1 Like

Oh goody. A change no one asked for, no one wants, and its only purpose is to hinder the player. So, normal Blizzard logic and technically we’re still not even a month into this expansion yet. They really just like spitting on their playerbase.

7 Likes

Wowhead is wrong about that one fish. You can get it with a lot less fishing skill if you are talking about the one you have to throw in the stargazers for.