3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

Provides some spacing for the masses to log in on “launch day”, so hopefully more server stability.

Of course, some crybaby with mommy’s CC will probably pay for a DDOS.

3 days early access for $90 sounds far more sensational than listing all the other stuff you get I guess…

Problem solved…

2 Likes

Have people not been paying attention to, oh I don’t know, every AAA game released in the past 10 years?

2 Likes

Tell that to the Blizzard bean counters.

Seriously, it blows my mind how many people are going to use some insane mental gymnastics to justify this purchase and close to double the cost of the expansion all for some EA and “free” gametime.

4 Likes

i wont buy it out of principle alone… it’s a terrible feature and should never have been added.

5 Likes

A mount, a pet and 30 days free game time covers the difference in price from the basic version to the epic. It’s not a great value but it’s not a rip off.

5 Likes

That’s literally exactly what they want you to do.

They want you to consider going for heroic with all those cool features and then go “oh well you know that’s a $15 value so I’d be stupid not to go one version up because it’s only actually an extra $5 more to get epic”

And like that they’ve convinced you to spend the extra $40 and make you think you’re getting a good deal.

Meanwhile everyone applauds Blizzard for never raising sub prices. I wonder why they haven’t.

Thanks for proving my point.

3 Likes

Was your point that there’s an obvious and quantifiable explanation for the price difference between the base and epic version? … I must have missed it…

2 Likes

My point is if you get real value out of all the epic edition perks; the pet, the toy, and hearthstone effect…more power to you, but if you’re just buying the epic edition because “It’s a deal” when you factor in the game time then their marketing tactic worked.

Their edition perks are laid out very specifically and the heroic edition isn’t actually there to be bought. It’s mainly there as a bridge to convince you that epic edition is the best value because when you “math it out” it’s only $5 more because of the game time component.

2 Likes

I already bought it.

2 Likes

I was going to buy the top edition because of the nifty in game bonuses. Access to the game is not a bonus. It’s what we’re buying in the first place. And delaying access for some people until after the launch date is disgusting.

1 Like

This could be huge in the farming market. 3 days head start to herb/mine everything around could equate to millions of gold.

2 Likes

Makes no difference at all.

No body needs to justify buying this. It’s their money they can do what they want.

If it makes you upset that’s on you

6 Likes

I mean 90$ for everything: the Expansion…beta…free lv 70…mount…pet…2 toys 30 days of wow free and a transmog set.

But yes its $90 for early access that is all you are getting

4 Likes

If there’s anything I get mad about it’s that these practices aren’t very consumer friendly, and the fact that they are now selling early access now after all these years is proof of that. Also think beta access is relatively new, but don’t remember off-hand if they’ve offered that before or if this is a first.

2 Likes

3 day early start is a shame but it is what it is.

I can’t make enough gold anymore to fund my playtime so I won’t be buying any version as is. 50 - 120 CAD gets a bit much.

2 Likes

It would be delusional to think most purchases of the $90 pack were about things many couldn’t care less about and not primarily driven by early access FOMO.

There’s a reason they put it in the most expensive pack and not the middle pack.

1 Like

its bull and they should remove it, or give it to all players (paying subscribers to your game…)

4 Likes

I think it’s great. I bought as soon as it was available.

3 Likes

it’s total garbage, disgusting
totally going to pay it though

you people are weak

2 Likes