2nd account on same BattleTag

Can I upgrade my WoW1 account to a Shadowlands account and have my daughter play on that account while I use my regular one at the same time or do I need to create a whole new account and a Battletag just for her?

1 Like

Depends is she under 18.

She is. But it seems whenever she logs on the laptop I got her so we can play together I get kicked off on my end and then I have to reconnect and then she gets kicked off the launcher so creating a 2nd Battletag and account might be a better option.

It would be better if she got her own account, but put it in your name until she’s of age.

That way she won’t lose anything she’s worked hard to collect when she does come of age and has to have her own account from then on.

3 Likes

You cannot be logged into the Battle.net account at the same time, but you can log into two different WoW licenses on the same Battle.net.

While she can play on the account I would recommend that you create one for her. It will allow you to set up parental controls on the account that will not otherwise impact your ability to play. You can control if she has access to social channels, Real ID, etc… and of course your own BattleTag/RealID chat won’t go to her if she is on a different Battle.net account.

It also allows for her to have her own collection of pets and mounts that would not be impacted once she turns 18 and has to split off to her own Battle.net account at that point.

6 Likes

I did end up creating a separate account for her. Thank you all.

9 Likes

It is allowed to have one parent or guardian and one child 13 and under to share one WoW account. But it’s not always recommeded for a few reasons:

• You can’t play together – one account can be used by only one player at a time
  • This arrangement stops being permissible the moment the child turns 14 – but it’s not policed, so it’s tempting to cheat. But when inevitably caught, it can lead to the account being banned for disallowed account sharing.
  • If you honor the restriction, you’ll need a second WoW account for the child any way (since the first account is in the parent’s name). And after creating that second account, you’ll find that some things (like certain mounts and achievements) don’t get copied over, so the new account effectively loses things the child was used to. This can be discouraging.

In general, it’s recommended to purchase a second license for a second player, regardless of age. For the cleanest separation, it really should be on a distinct Battle.net account as well.

Usually 18, not 14.

Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established by their parent or legal guardian. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account on the Platform, you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account by your Child whether or not such uses were authorized by you.

1 Like

Alright. My info may have been outdated. The last I saw was 13, which is the same number Google currently uses for child accounts (Family Link).

13 is the age where they can have the account in their name. Slightly different.

3 Likes