What happened to stealth?

Since 8.2 I have had so many stealth, prowling, and feign death fails I have lost track. Did these abilities get a serious reconfiguration or can I just blame this on the terrible bodyguard system that has been forced on us in Nazjatar?

Sometimes the bodyguard feigns death too, but more often than not they do not. My druid and rogue have also had their prowl, stealth, and vanish abilities completely thrown out the window during gameplay with one of these bodyguards around. Sometimes an enemy will find me from distances where it seems like I should have escaped their threat already anyhow.

37 Likes

Probably the bodyguard. Which you can dismiss at any time by right clicking the bodyguards buff.

1 Like

Kind of hard to do when I am doing their leveling missions to get those prismatic mana pearls, but I get your point.

8 Likes

So do those missions first then dismiss them

A lot of the stealth etc. failures have happened during those missions or traveling to the next. It is not something I can avoid especially since they locked story/lore missions behind bodyguard experience leveling.

8 Likes

I play a dual-gatherer 120 hunter in Nazjatar, and I am not using a follower/bodyguard yet. I’ve noticed there are a couple groups of slithery mobs that ignore my “feign death” completely. I’m lying there pretending to be dead and they keep whacking on me.

So far I’ve found 2 or 3 areas like that. I think it’s always the same mobs – those tall snake things that carry weapons. It isn’t random: my feign death works fine everywhere else.

5 Likes

Stealth has whacked out on me a couple of times while playing my rogue so I switched to my DK for the rep grind.

I’ve noticed some buggyness since they’ve gotten closer to releasing classic.
Idk if that has anything to do with it, just the same time frame.

Same happening to my druid, I’m pretty sure it’s the bodyguard causing it.

Interesting to hear that it is happening in Nazjatar without bodyguards.

I just ran the intro to Mechagon Island scenario (yet again) with my rogue and the Prince with the Rustbolt Rebellion seemed to cause the same kind of problem with my stealth while he was following me around. One of the few times you have a non-pet companion in that zone. I guess the only other time would be when you revive bots.

Anyway, I would like to know if this is a fluke or not. Assuming that it is I doubt it will be fixed so I guess we wait for 8.2.5 or 8.3 or whatever to find out.

They always break Rogue stealth. Most of the time it is because of the Subterfuge talent.

Other issues seem to be tied to the combat bug and bodyguards. Some also trace it back to certain essences.

1 Like

Something is going on with Rogue stealth.

There are times where it just falls off. I thought I was trippin… but once in AB when I was stealthing alone to Farm, it just dropped. No one around, no one hit me.

I simply restealthed. But that made me realize that there is something wrong.

I dont have any issues with my Druid prowling. But he is resto/balance, so I dont spend as much time stealthed. Maybe I dont notice it.

But it happens like maybe three times a week, that I notice, on my Rogue. Just a complete dropping of stealth with no apparent reason.

4 Likes

I can confirm it’s dropping on druid as well.

3 Likes

Actually hunter camouflage and Night Elf stealth for my Demon Hunter have failed as well. Forgot to mention that earlier.

2 Likes

This is something that we are actively working on. We hope to have a hotfix out soon that will help your follower vanish so keep an eye out for it.

30 Likes

It’s the bodyguard.

Definitely the Bodyguard. Leave them to die while you escape to safety.

3 Likes

The bodyguard isn’t around when it happens in Zandalar/KT and BG’s.

4 Likes

Stealth was dropping for me on my Rogue in Legion, Its been around a long time.

1 Like

Stealth will drop randomly in some areas of Nazjatar, but you also have to be wary of things like the Starfish you can pick up for a buff. They will put you into a “False Stealth” state, similar to shadowmeld while pulling you out of actual stealth.

You’ll still appear as though you’re stealthed but mobs will detect you at a near regular distance. You can restealth after clicking the starfish.

It’s really too much to ask for a finished game these days, right?

13 Likes