Rogues and Followers (Q&A)

Hey fellow wow players and rogues! (Feral Druids Welcome!)

So this is kind of a topic a lot of rogues have been on one about just like i have. It’s nothing new that assassination rogue has had some weird issues with stealth dropping randomly and i personally haven’t had very little to any issues with this recently.

However, the new follower system that is implemented in Najzatar is pretty brutal for rogues in general and even more so in war mode. I have lost alliance slayer at 5/10 7/10 due to the follower catching aggro and not stealthing in a retreat which gets me pulled out and directly target able.
(Fyi, i went to mechagon and used jet packs to drop and one shot people so i got the title. Sorry to anyone i one shot for this!)

Now, i’ve noticed a few things with this.

1. Stealthing while moving sometimes keeps follower out of stealth
  2. Using vanish doesn’t allow follower to stealth as well.
  3. pvp combat keeps follower from re-entering stealth with you (I assume they lock combat with targeting)

I’m no mechanical genius or overly experienced player so i’m looking to the community here for maybe things that you found works best for you or to confirm these issues aren’t just rogues or specifically a few rogues in general running into this very annoying dilemma.

2 Likes

I can only speak to the first two as I don’t pvp… But yes these are both accurate.

If you stand still though your follower normally will stealth within a couple of seconds afterwards. Vanish is worthless with the follower, specially if he has aggro on something. So you might as well stay and fight. At least in my experience.

Shadowmeld says hi

my rogue isn’t nelf

Shadowmeld also doesn’t work properly, according to Night Elves. It only forces the follower to stealth if they’re out of combat, otherwise they won’t drop.

1 Like

I have always hated having a follower on my Rogue. One of the things I liked about Legion was that you could opt for an additional ability in the open world rather than a bodyguard.

I guess the devs didn’t consider that this time around.

I’m hoping they’re gonna fix it.

I love how this has been a problem since WoD and suddenly they’re surprised it happens.

Classic Blizz.

It’s not just a few rogues.

It’s all rogues and probably every class that can stealth. Blizz needs to fix it.
Til they do, you can try leaving the follower behind when you’re doing wm stuff and then when you’re done, drop wm and use the follower.

It’ll still happen whether you have wm on or not but at least you won’t have to worry about having your stealth broken when setting up your mark/target while in wm.