What happened to stealth?

this has always been an issue. i’ve played rogue for 10 years and every time anything gives you a bodyguard or companion of some kind they either don’t stealth with you or it screws it up somehow. i avoided the bodyguard mechanic entirely in legion despite them granting some serious benefits. anyhow i just always make sure to go do their quests first and click them away asap.

1 Like

what i wanna know is when are you guys gonna fix stealth randomly breaking inside waycrest manor inside the hallway around the pig boss? stealth always breaks there for no reason despite not taking damage.

Can we do something about Potion of Unbridled Fury breaking stealth on use?

How was this not reported on the PTR?

Stealth breaking has been reported since MoP for Rogues. Sometimes it gets fixed, sometimes it doesn’t. It seems like they just don’t know what is going on.

4 Likes

Yeah, not sure what’s happening with this. My Rogue is getting bumped out of stealth all over. Vanish and Feign Death often fail. Not even for any particular reason that I can figure out, the mobs just ignore it. Sometimes I’ll just be standing there in Nazjatar, and suddenly an entire flock of mobs will converge on me when I literally did nothing, and didn’t attack or even get close to anything - flying mindbender and ray mobs are especially terrible for this. And then there’s that one spot in the middle of Nazjatar by a cave and a waterfall that dismounts you from your flying mount when you fly over it, that’s fun too.

3 Likes

Bodyguards cause too many problems, hate it. Only good bodyguards were the one that stealthed with you.

Stealth?? You guys should start being a man and roll a warrior :+1:

It is not always the bodyguard.
I’ve been ripped out of stealth many times in Nazj even after I’ve dismissed the follower. It even happened once in Mechagon… Though it’s mostly happened in Nazj :l VERY annoying.

2 Likes

Truth be told Blizzard misplaced it and now they can’t find cause it’s stealthy and all.

1 Like

I am flying around, stingray gets aggro feint death and it attacks my pet that was stealth and wasn’t even spawned until I feint death off the flying mount.

something is buggy.

5 Likes

Had a rogue vanish from me and try to run away but his bodyguard decided to follow him while unstealthed so I could flare out the rogue.

1 Like

My rogue is new for me since BFA so I cannot comment. However I have played the other classes that have similar abilities for a while and they have not had these issues really until 8.2.

Perhaps there are multiple issues (some newer than others) where the net result is virtually the same. If that is the case hopefully all are fixed.

1 Like

Don’t forget to make it work for shadowmeld too please :slight_smile:

I’ve found that if you attack something, then shadowmeld, the bodyguard will remain fighting which will keep you in combat and eventually your guard will die and the mobs will come for you.

But if you are just running along mounted and don’t attack any mobs, then shadowmeld, the bodyguard will stealth too. Allowing you to avoid the train you just ran through

1 Like

It’s the bodyguard. You have to give him a second to establish vanish when you do. I notice it on my druid but I’ve learned to be a little more careful.

Not to be that guy … but I played my Rogue since Vanilla. He has been a back burner Alt since WOTLK. Yet, I never noticed Stealth failing on its own until BfA.

This seems likely.

Perhaps what ever various minor issues some may have noticed with stealth and similar Player mechanics may have been exacerbated and combined to the point where it is very noticable.

No! The problem with live over Classic is stealth is WAY WAY OP without the trade-offs required in Classic WoW. Leave it busted I say.

1 Like

I think Demon Hunters “fixed” any OPness stealth is claimed to have.

uhhh, outlaw says hi. the better warrior

My sub rogue cries over her daggers in the corner… /sigh

1 Like