22 Aug Evoker Raid

If only you played PvP, you’d know how bad it already is lmao.

PvE gives the illusion things are more balanced than they really are.

And I guess raids really bring it out as well.

I promise you it really doesnt.

More people in PVE just play in areas of the game that balance matters less. Sorta like unrated battlegrounds. Where its just a cluster of no coordination, and occasionally someone looks really good.

Looks like an F in development to me.

How the hell did they let them ship in this state?

5 Likes

Rushing things and having us beta test live is the norm in gaming now.

4 Likes

I think it was intentional.

Let the new shiny be really strong to get a lot of people to play it. Then use the brute force method of testing to see how they need to balance it for the next season/tier.

Because so many people are playing it, they will have a lot more data to see how it needs to be tweaked. And since most progression is over by people that overboard their min/maxing, its just seen as an extra way to “help” people still struggling.

Maybe for an Indie company but…isn’t this suppose to be like a big company?

Where’s all the money going? Are the devs a skeleton crew or just ran by someone whose cutting corners?

3 Likes

I mean, you did see that kodo mount that just came out, right? The clipping was the worst I’ve seen on any mount in WoW, that’s embarrassing in 2023.

It’s so painfully apparent now the art team carries this game. The zones and world look good, but the gameplay/systems leave more to be desired.

They just announced all this customization to keep people around through the bad gameplay.

The profession system revamp, fail.
Zaralek Caverns, fail.
Time Rifts came out in a very sorry state, it’s very clear they don’t test anything.
Augment Evoker, lol people are finding out how to abuse them right now.
PvP, I know nobody else is really playing it, is in a terrible state, no surprise there.

I remember hearing a while back that one person is in charge of most class balance changes, they probably let him go too I guess. Either that, or the job isn’t being done.

3 Likes

I can already see Blizzard putting in a limit to this, somehow.

Maybe changing how their buffs work if there are multiple augmentation.

So aug buff stack?

1 Like

Or stacking monk sets.

Seems like the key to this game is to exploit early.

1 Like

Easy fix: only one Augmentation Evoker buff (of each name) can be active on a player at a time.

2 Likes

Ebon might will prioritise non buffed targets, but it also always go on your current presience target. So if everyone presiences one target that target will get ebon might from every evoker.

well that’s it i guess the next RWF will just be 22 augvokers

2 Likes

Its why I lean on this idea.

I do believe it will be changed by then.

3 Likes

what about 25 affliction warlocks?

This is their exact plan I suspect

4 Likes

oh for sure. as a mid-patch goof after hof closes, who cares? but obviously the next raid tier can’t go live before this is addressed.

You do realize this isn’t the first time classes have done this mid to end of season, right? DKS, Paladins, etc have all done this.

Y’all need to stop being so dramatic.

1 Like

An all paladin group cleared an entire current heroic raid, in 20 seconds per boss fight, with people doing 20x the dps of normal people?

The issue is not an all aug evoker raid.

Its that people are doing 1 million + dps. Clearing the fight in 20 seconds.

I think that’s just a meme response, like “Soon™”.
A small chuckle really.