Daytime toy added [Attn: Oceanic players]

A new toy, the Jar of Sunwarmed Sand, has been added. It causes the world to appear as if it were midday for 2 hours, and has a 24 hour cooldown. It can be bought from Otela in the Caverns of Time for 1000 timewarped badges, or a consumable version, the Sunwarmed Sand, can be bought for 10 timewarped badges each.

This is useful if you have to play when it’s night in WoW and want to experience it in daytime.

41 Likes

Holy ****. They finally did it.

8 Likes

They could just sort out the day/night thing to region specific areas instead. Or is there also a way to make it night time when it is actually night time so we can fish the salmon like the game needs?

6 Likes

Next Timewalking event is Northrend Timewalking, starting July 16. I’ll be there.

I want this toy.

13 Likes

Can this be a no cooldown item? I feel awful for those Aussies playing in eternal darkness, man. It’s not right.

48 Likes

Honest question Kaivax: why do toys have to have such a long cooldown? If we want to play the game in eternal daytime, or have one of the costumes on forever, why do the associated toys have to be so restricted? It seems like an odd design choice, and I’d love to hear the philosophy behind it explained.

37 Likes

So why does something like that need a 24 hour cool down Blizz? Why not make it a 2 hour cool down for those who like to play during the day time?

64 Likes

Dude?!?!? Seriously?

Now they will reduce it’s duration to 30 minutes and up the CD to 48 hours.

/moo :cow:

7 Likes

Why a toy and not a potion? Inky potion works just fine, why can’t a sunshine one exist?

6 Likes

There is a consumable, like the potion, that will be sold alongside the toy. They toy is 1000 Timewarped Badges, the consumables are 10 Timewarped badges.

4 Likes

Why does it need a cooldown at all? They could have made an item for daytime exactly like the Inky Black Potion.

9 Likes

My point is more of a, why choose to be inconsistent? What was wrong with making it a potion sold at the Darkmoon Fair? Why change the concept that already works?

It’s cool it’s being added, but its implementation is nonsensical to me.

4 Likes

Yes! This is also great for folks like me who work third shift and are up all night on our “days” off. Sometimes I just want to see the sun in Azeroth! Thank you for bringing this to attention.

2 Likes

Great news! I’ll take 2 hours, better than nothing to alleviate this dark dim world. Especially Naz…if quest stuff didn’t glow, I’ll never find nuthin.

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy about this toy. I’m a night owl, I work from 2pm-10:30pm central time and I play on a Pacific server. This toy is really going to enhance my open world experience!

1 Like

Along with the concept of the inky potion, maybe we can get a toy of that? I play during the day and dont get to see the cool nighttime stuff, would love a way to do it outside of buying a potion only sold at the darkmoon faire

2 Likes

Finally!!!

I see the light!!!

Why the long cooldown though? Can it be at most 2 hours?

1 Like

A 24 hour cd lol

2 Likes

Cries tears of joy and happiness.

edit: please rethink the 24 hr cooldown. :astonished:

2 Likes

Can this be used to complete certain activities that can only be done during the day?

1 Like