20man vs 40man

Can someone really explain to me the advantage of the 40man at this point and time ?
I mean in each raid it seem to always be the same pattern, you get like 5 people that without them the raid is just not happening, you get 10 others that are decent and do the heavy lifting when it comes to performance and mecanic and then you have 25 others that you gotta fill who are often just there for the ride. They are ‘‘needed’’ but arent really impactful on the performance of the raid. why are poeple wanting 40man so bad ? do they just like to be able to carry deadweights that leech on gears ? tell me the good points please cause I see none.

3 Likes

this right here is the reason. the people who often spout on about “40mans or bust” just want to be carried while they click their 1-12 spells on their action bars and think fire gives them a damage buff.

6 Likes

No matter what 90% of the raid always wants to do nothing so this is an irrelevant comparison.
Also, I am for 40 man raids and I am always the vocal one when there is mechanics that are better if someone is calling it out and take part in all mechanics that my class can do. So your spouting nonsense to try to prove your irrelevant point.

1 Like

We’re excited for 40 man raids.

9 Likes

there isn’t any just creates more we need x class for the raid and excludes others.

1 Like

The point is to get people to argue over it, people that like 20 mans will argue that 40 mans are bad. People that like 40 mans will argue that 20 mans are bad.

We all know we need co combine them for 60 man raids though.

If I’m killing a literal foundation of the earth, I’m bringing as many people as I can, and it just so happens 40 was the most we could when the game was made.

There most likely won’t be any 40 man raids in Sod, they’re just converting the raids to 20 mans and we’re good to go! :+1:

No we are not, nobody wants 40 man raids, honestly sounds terrible and we all wish we could have 10 man raids again.

10 Likes

We want 40m cause we want 40m. One thing about pleasure is that it is hard to explain. Some folks try to… nostalgia, 40m tank to dps ratio etc…

I say why not 40 mans?

But you shouldn’t worry about it

Do what feels good. I like to have options. Let’s do it all!!!

I’m sorry but this opinion is wrong, you don’t want 40 man raids and neither does anyone else playing SoD

6 Likes

I mean, i personally enjoyed 40 man raids. I had a nice guild and we had more than 20 long term friends who wanted to raid together so 40 man was good to accommodate that. It was also the original format and we were playing classic, not SoD at the time. Different philosophy.

I think the bigger issue was really just the absolutely god awful class balance of vanilla. People didn’t want to play warrior or rogues, but we ended up with 2/3 of the raid having to play warrior stack and ppl hated that. It would have felt a lot better if everything was balanced and ppl could play all the specs and feel like they were contributing enough.

I’m not against 20 man i think 20 is great also, and I’d be ok if they kept 20 from now on, but also would be ok if they keep the 40 man for old classic content also.

However after all the 10 man raids and now 20 in SoD, I’m afraid too many groups are gonna have to either disband or join other guilds in order to even come close to forming a 40 man roster, so i can sympathize with this part of the community.

1 Like

Hypnosis doesn’t work in cyberspace bro

I want 40 mans and I want those 100 mans that one dude talked about

I am hyped about 100 mans!!!

just trying to get rid of the disinformation - it seem like you keep saying you want 40 man Raids and we don’t want people to get an idea that a lot of people want that, Not that its hypnosis just that your opinion is wrong and should be corrected the other way around otherwise its just propaganda at this point

3 Likes

I do. as long as 40 people want 40 mans then we are good to go.

Let’s gooooo! I will tank or heal.

You have that Holly EverQuest energy flowing through you.

I can careless about the number of people that can go into a raid. Bring back 3 day lockouts!!! Whoever wants to raid only once a week can choose to. Others want to raid more instead of having to level an alt just to do so.

20 more men. Lithe, sweaty mens with big muscles just pounding and pounding away in a fury on the backsides of monsters…lawd imma need to calm down

3 Likes

I stand right in the monsters taint. Right in the middle so I am getting finger-cuffed by the tanks and dps. Best spot in the house. I feel like I need a shower.

it’s classic, and we’re playing classic :expressionless:
your tiny dad guild not being able to get 40 people is not a good reason to remove 40 mans. join a bigger guild.

1 Like