$200 for CE... Yeah, no thanks

Was hyped to get my hands on The War Within Collectors Edition…

Yep, that ain’t gonna happen and it’s the first year I won’t be getting a copy.

$180 off the top… And then shipping… And then taxes…

$214.89 final price

Chris Metzen better be hand delivering that thing to me personally.

Price is unjustifiable.

31 Likes

I remember when you got big physical CE box for $80.

I’ll stick with digital goods for now, $200 is a tad steep. Maybe I’ll hit eBay for a CE box with used up code but otherwise is 100% complete.

9 Likes

Isn’t $90 of that for Epic Edition TWW, and then the other $90 for a pretty cool looking 13-inch statue, hard-cover art book, and collectors pin?

I mean, I don’t plan to buy it, but that doesn’t really seem unreasonable.

7 Likes

thanks! are there any other products you don’t plan to purchase?

12 Likes

Your right to post pictures should be taken away from you.
That first picture is so cursed. :dracthyr_cry:

5 Likes

I kinda want that pen, mostly because nobody will try to steal it lol

4 Likes

Somehow I lost mine, don’t know why, and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

1 Like

I was looking forward to it if it was going to be anywhere around $100-120, but 180? That is way too much. I remember back in the day when I ordered my TBC, WOTLK and even Cata collector’s editions and they were nowhere near this much.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with the basic edition?

I am preordering because I have money.

3 Likes

Curious, how much was the DF CE box, shipped and delivered?

Yeah for real. I bought a Scarlet Witch statue and it was $180 all by itself. Most go for more than that.

Eww that’s gross!

I’m guessing the sticker-shock is ruining it for some people. I always order two and for previous expansions, I was denied at the pos. However, this time around, no hitches.

Okay OP, that’s just more for the rest of us. I’m getting 3.

I second this.

1 Like

The price for shipping is shocking me the most … ain’t no way it should be that high.

The price is like a 15th anniverary + a CE combined together.

It would have been wise of Blizzard … or Microsoft, to have an option for just the CE edition wihout the statue.

3 Likes

This is what I was thinking. A CE without the statue is the sweet spot for me, I actually tried to see if it was an option, but it is not. The price made me think twice about buying the CE for the first time, ever.

I am anticipating some sort of statue for the 20-year sub anniversary much like the 10 year one and I hope it’s an original statue, but with Blizzard lately who knows. There might not even be an acknowledgement.

Ok. This is good information.

How much was the DF CE originally? I don’t think this one is so much more to warrant these reactions. The shipping to Canada, on the other hand, does seem incredibly steep.