$200 for CE... Yeah, no thanks

Anyone buying the Warthin CE is their own problem.

This is going to be the most mid expansion ever. Wake me up in the year when Midnight comes out

You aren’t the target audience.

The target audience are the people who don’t care how much it costs (the whales) and the scalpers.

1 Like

So… You’re saying you’ll buy the midnight collectors edition for $300

Won’t some retailers have this available later on closer to release? If I remember the previous ones were. Maybe that could give time for people who can’t afford it now to save up and get one then. I know for a lot of people this price was just completely unexpected.

Physical copies of games aren’t really a thing anymore.

1 Like

It’s anyone’s right to state their own standard of what is too much for their own budget after all it’s their money.

But as the non CE epic is $90 by itself…what did people think the CE it with the statue art book and pin think … it just be $30 more?

Particularly costs today with this stupid inflation. The art book is probably 40 bucks alone. I buy ttrpg hard covers often. Just got one for the fallout rpg it was $40 and it’s a pretty thin book only 200 pages. The statue looks cool to me and considering it’s not plastic that’s $50 if you compare it to a large mini (I’m talking one that is fully painted). You just hit the 180 mark.

Point of post isn’t to sway people as I don’t give a care if you get it or not, but if you know other things cost it’s not really that shocking of a price.

1 Like

The TBC-Cataclysm physical collector’s editions were less than half of what they are charging for this one. They came with hardcover books, mouse pads, TCG cards, behind the scenes DVD, soundtracks, and physical copies of the game. Some even came with more than that if I remember. There is no excuse for this pricing.

Are you seriously trying to use the argument a CE from 2010 …14 years ago is half the cost of a CE it today? So you are just emotionally upset then because you skip all real world inflation that happened in 14 years?

14 years ago the fed min was $5.15.

Today fed min is $7.25 but the state minimum for many is now $13 or higher , California is looking to enact a $20 minimum if they haven’t already.

2 Likes

Yes I am. There is absolutely no excuse at all that this CE should cost this much. Inflation is no excuse for charging this much money for this.

1 Like

They have, and businesses have already closed because of it.

You do know that in the last 14 years the cost of shipping items has ALSO gone up quite a bit as well, but hey lets cry that it shouldn’t cost that much, just so you know since you seem to be so out of the loop the cost of stamps from the USPS is going up AGAIN. Which has gone up plenty of times in the last what was it again? 14 years, which raises the cost of shipping, which is added to the cost people pay. Buy it Or don’t but no one here is going to side with you because you don’t know how the world works.

1 Like

lol so thanks for telling me I’m right while trying to say I’m wrong.

You are reacting wholly on emotion and purposely avoid real factual economics.

Cool. So for your next car purchase tell the dealer there’s no excuse this car should cost what you are charging this wasn’t what it cost 15 years ago! Or your groceries yeah tell the manager at your supermarket you are outraged food prices are not in line with pricing from 15 years ago.

I preordered cause I hate money.

Inserts Spongebob giving away money.

1 Like

I mean by that logic maybe they should get paid what they did 15 years ago :smiley:

Yeah, if I had to guess it’s definitely because of the statue.

I mean, its 13 inches tall x 9.5 inches x 9.5 inch and I doubt its made of plastic. Then you throw in a large 208 page hardcover art book too.

Again, I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if they just had a high shipping cost for no reason.

I mean shipping price does go off the weight of the item.

Only $214? :dracthyr_hehe_animated: The EU one, with shipping, is €241.
…and I bought it, because I’m irresponsible with money…

Yeah. I think Amazon’s free shipping may have made people forget how expensive shipping actually is

idk one time i saw a 8 ounce bag of popcorn ship from within my country…for 15$ shipping.

2 Likes

That all? been seeing “Out of stock items” Ship for 30+$ ( 3 day shipping ) that they had in stock just hours later. >.>