20% of the WoW Community Council banned?

So he clarified, yet it is hyperbole?

I have never watched the guy. He seems like he would be more annoying than entertaining but he seems to have a lot of followers.

This community council seems to be like when my wife asks me for my opinion. (I’m the community council in this analogy)

Yes, the title is hyperbole. It is common for people (and companies) to use misleading titles and unfortunately some people only read the title. They don’t watch the video or read the article. It ends up spreading false information.

The second point still stands as well. There was a second guest making the false claim they were on the Council and removed. Neither Asmongold or Pros corrected that.

I guess last, the person is not banned from the forums or game. Again, I don’t really take much issue with that term. It is exaggerated but people tend to call any action a ban so most know it likely is not a real actual kick from the game.

4 Likes

Is pros the guy who was kicked off? I refuse to watch an Asmongold video because as I said, he seems like he would be really annoying.

The prosident guy was definitely not a yes man lol but he did get shafted

2 Likes

Correct. The basic facts are laid out here. I was responding to him saying he made no mistakes. He responded acknowledging what I stated as the actual background. Formatting is better if you click it. It has a quote from his original post advertising his discord which shows oddly on the preview.

I can’t comment on what went on between him and Blizz though as I have no way to see that and Blizz does not discuss it.

It’s really funny how GD threw a fit because a CC linked their twitch account one time. But is now defending a guy who promoted an unmoderated discord that was infested with racists and morons and now he’s a hero.

8 Likes

Yeah, one person who is a small streamer put the twitch in the Intro thread. GD got upset they were promoting themselves. The person removed the link and apologized to GD. That is why I can’t figure out how the promotion of the Discord was not stopped by Blizz or even GD outcry from the start.

But is now defending a guy who promoted an unmoderated discord that was infested with racists and morons and now he’s a hero.

Oh don’t worry, there’s been leaks of him being extremely racist already and they’ll still defend him. I can’t link to it unfortunately as it’s pretty extreme. On top of him bragging about being racist. xd

7 Likes

Somehow fitting that the community council got a racist trade chat troll on it somehow lmao

1 Like

So are these leaks from years ago like he claims in the video?

It is not news that there are bigots amongst us, we just don’t see it as much.

Sp did he decide to stop being a bigot before being made a CC member?

Why are you asking me?

Who are we talking about here?

Because “those comments are from years ago” isn’t a good excuse lmao

1 Like

Not a good excuse for what?

Look, I just want to know if he lied on the video or he was telling on himself because he knew the crap he said years ago was going to resurface.

tbh i just want to know what the vetting process is here. because you’d think they would have put a minimal amount of effort into it to prevent someone like that from getting on the CC

I doubt there was any vetting. It’s not an important position.

I don’t think even the Council knows. All we have is the questions they asked in the application which was open to view for everyone. They asked us for our Battletag, Main char, and the link to whatever social media content you were using for the app. That could be a discord, guild website, guide writing, stream, forum posts, etc. I linked my forum post history because I have nothing social.

I would assume they checked the Bnet account history for account actions at least.

For the MVP program, because it was a forum position, it is based on your forum post history which they do review as well as actions against your Bnet/WoW account.

2 Likes