20 Man Killed My Guild

that fine. saved my guild. dont have to make friends sit out now.

my guild runs 2 full 20 teams a week with zero pugs. idk. plan better.

10 people is not a guild lol you’re better off getting absorbed into a bigger guild if you plan to play through Naxx and beyond.

Ok but WHY did they make it into 20 mans? I’ve seen a lot more people say they wish they kept it 10 man. Also some people don’t want to recruit (I listed those reasons above). Why not make it so you can do the raid as a 10 man or a 20? Why do we have to out source roles? It just makes no sense. SoD lost at least 9 players from my guild alone just from the 20 man change, they want to raid but they said they’re just not gonna waste time recruiting and cycling through who knows how to google boss mechanics and rotations (we tried it for a couple weeks and man was it pretty eye opening just how bad some people are, I understand now why people were checking parses for pugs)

It is a guild though, like I said above just make it scale based off 10 man and 20 man.

2 Likes

And what did you do to help? Or did you just sit there and complain about not having a full guild run?

The only people who think the 20m idea is good are the NPCs who sit around waiting for everything to be done for them.

5 Likes

whats the biggest demographic? casuals.
do casual guilds and officers have the extra time to recruit every week? no.
how do casual guilds survive going from 10 to 20man? recruit every week or get absorbed into a more hardcore guild.
blizz destroyed their own playerbase knowingly, to appease the minority that wanted 20mans.

5 Likes

Just saying, logged raid numbers don’t lie. I know they aren’t a perfect log of player count, but they’re the best representation we have of the player base.

On my own server, they have dropped 50-80% since phase 1.

Can’t imagine those numbers suddenly going up as the phases progress further.

Maybe devs will look at the numbers and reevaluate, but more likely plummeting the player count is part of the plan so they can move on to other things.

they should’ve compromised at 30man.

I don’t know why you assume things about me or my situation. I was the main tank for our group, and I randomly come into the game with the guild literally gone, and a message from the lead saying they are joining another guild. I didn’t complain, and from my perspective, I thought recruiting was going well, and was just waiting for us to start the raid. Each person shouldn’t have accountability towards the success of a guild, especially if the leader literally gives up. 20m is a good compromise, we could have gotten 40 man raids instead. Really don’t know what you are on about, but it is clearly not sanity.

1 Like

Same thing happened to my guild. And our leadership tried to recruit as well as the members.

1 Like

In other words, yes, you are an NPC. Got it.

2 Likes

They’ve already said flex raiding cannot work in classic. Something about the tech or whatever. 20 man is fine. Just stop being lazy. If you want to run your own guild instead of joining one of the many then put the effort into it. 20 mans didn’t kill your guild. Your leadership did.

1 Like

You can blame whatever you want, but clearly I am not the only one here who has experienced this. I doubt that its a tech issue and not a “don’t want to spend resources working on it”. No reason to make it 20 man other than to cater to the 40 man people (who are just rose tinted glasses wearers).

Why not just recruit?

1 Like

There’s also a reason Classic exists

Read above posts, we did and I listed reasons it did not work.

Catering to retail players is what’s bad for longevity. You guys are gonna pass out as soon as Cata releases, and even more so when TWW releases. Classic players are here to stay.

10 mans are a puggable raid. 20 man requires a guild, a real guild not a friend guild. 40 man requires several guilds that merge together. 40 mans are far to big, and 20 mans feel to big but work with a real guild, but from my experience requires a lot of work from guild leaders to run and manage. We are talking spread sheets here. And 10 mans are to little that you can litterly just pug it. I think new guild ui needs to be entered into the game that assist leaders with recruitment, merging. Item devestment and rolling. That also assit players with joining and staying with a guild almost like a rep system. Guilds need a far larger focus in classic plus and in retail. That is one thing i loved from cata. Was the guild focus. But in the spirit of season of discovery, they should just go back to 10 man. This is a seasonal server and should be for fun.

2 Likes

20 mans didnt kill your guild.

20 mans killed your dungeon group.

2 Likes

It probably wasn’t a good idea to design a guild around 10 mans when 40 mans were on the horizon. It makes sense the raids would start merging into that number.

In my opinion we need to get to 40 man raids as soon as possible. It is chemo for the parse logging pug culture ruining the community.

2 Likes