2 x Character Realm Transfer

As per subject, would like to confirm the following before I plan accordingly to move two characters from one realm to the other realm.

1. Is the Realm Transfer possible one character at a time? Would be good if I could transfer both at once as they are the same faction and from the same realm to another.
  2. If I have to do it one at a time, is there a cooldown between both transfers, and if so how long?
  3. Any other restrictions to the transfer of realm?
  4. What is the typical waiting time required for the realm transfer?

Any other comments or pointers would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

It is only possible to transfer one at a time, there’s no packaging option.

The cooldown is only on services for the same character. Can’t do a realm transfer and then a faction change for 72 hours, for example, without bundling them prior to purchase.

Select “Realm” on the dropdown menu.

It is usually instant, though 72 hours is the window they ask for your patience in the event things just get hooked up for a moment.

6 Likes

Thank you Ekon for the confirmation! Most appreciated.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome!

4 Likes

Recommend making two placeholder toons on the new realm as well. Make sure the name you want is available.

Then delete the placeholder toon right before you log in the transferred toon in for the first time.

2 Likes

Just a note if this is done, I’d recommend logging into the character in-game at least once before deleting. Sometimes odd things can happen when a character is deleted and never logged in.

7 Likes

Great idea Mrs Panda. Will include that from now on as well.

4 Likes

i have a copy of one character on the server im transfering to can i delete the orginal one

This is a very old thread, Erosong - not sure what you are asking, exactly.

During a transfer - you may see two characters one on the old - one on the new realm, but that should be temporary. If this is what you are describing, I wouldn’t touch anything till the process finishes.

3 Likes