2-Hander tanks. Why?

If you can’t hold agro with a sword and shield then you suck as a tank. Simple as that.

9 Likes

Heh. Low level dungeons were always chaotic in Vanilla. Consider yourself lucky if the tank completed his class quest for Defensive Stance.

2 Likes

This is why cast/cancel heals was a thing. If you wait to start a heal until the tank is the danger zone, you’re toast.

2 Likes

Also this, you generate like…probably twice the threat that you do with a sword and shield on at low levels unless you’re a psycopath who specced prot to level.

More threat lets you pull more mobs. you’re not going to die to a 4 pull unless it takes you forever to kill it or your healer is alt tabbed reading reddit

I’ve been pulling entire rooms in dungeons that are higher level than me with a 2h on. It’s so much better, especially when you get sweeping strikes. Keep up

Are you clearing the dungeons in a reasonable amount of time or just mildly uncomfortable?

Who cares its Classic, not to be taken seriously.

I heal these guys all the time and I totally feel your pain. My roommate and friend does it to me actually on his Warrior but I get it… it’s early game still and not everyone has a proper setup and/or only keeps the gear they quest with.

Sword and Board really sucks to quest with.

Just wait until half hp or so to heal tanks to minimize overheating and conserve mana.

Also, don’t favor any DPS as they are equipped to bail themselves out and should be monitoring their own aggro. Obviously lend a hand, just not your mama pool.

Good leveling!

4 Likes

cleared rfd 3 times this morning very quickly,
i was the only one with a mana bar and it was lovely.

it’s worth it in my opinion.

The problem is not 2H Tanking. The REAL problem is tanks who think. "This sht is easy" then they go pull 5+ elites in a dungeon and go from 100% health to 0% in less than 3 seconds then btch at the healer or something.

If a Tank is pulling 1 or 2 Elites with a 2H weapon and being careful not to over pull. Then its not an issue. When they go in there thinking its retail then they need to go back to retail.

7 Likes

It could be a healer problem too. Healers need to be precasting low rankers. If you wait too long, something could happen, a knockback, a fear, you randomly get silenced, a crit and then it’s GG.

Which is funny to see someone complain about starting a heal if the tank is at 75%. If right before the cast goes off, he’s still hover over 60% cancel, below, cast, or cast a lower ranked heal.

I think a lot of people forgot about vanilla and bc basics

2 Likes

That isn’t putting excessive pressure on your mana, you overhealing is. The tank doesn’t need to be at 100% the whole fight. I’m simply preparing you for what you are going to see most of your dungeoning.

Just like the lack of players playing retail shouldnt be taken seriously.

Sure it’s WoW after all, no to much skill involved in either iterations.

i leave a renew on there to mitigate the giant spikes.
but for the most part i always precast a juicy heal and only let it loose at 50% or below.

I kind of have to give you that.

that and hes prolly not downranking heals either. this is a total L2P issue.

2 Likes

Because streamers have made this the new norm.

1 Like

Why are you here then

Tanking on a warrior is pretty easy since Demoralizing Shout is broken. If your tank is the appropriate level there is no reason why they can’t just be in Battle Stance with a 2-hander and tanking. If you’re doing more damage, the dungeon goes by faster, this has always been a cardinal rule that has been prevalent, especially now.

The only exceptions I make to throwing a shield and sword on for the end of dungeon boss, since they are usually the highest level in the dungeon.

If as a tank, your tank is keeping threat on the mobs that he pulls and you are able to keep him alive - you ooming after a big pull is completely fine, the second combat drops you start drinking and the group continues and moves on. In situations like these, if you’re oom after the pull ends and the tank kept threat, and no one else died, the only person that needs to evaluate if they were playing correctly is you.

The only criteria at that point that you need to worry about is how much you were overhealing. Overhealing is the biggest trap that new healers fall into in both retail and vanilla. Its a huge waste of mana, don’t do it.

4 Likes