2 Handed Frost. Here is why?

Warlords of Draenor. 2 Handed frost DK was obliterating opposing players into the outer limits of Ashran. We had a nice root with chill blains/chains of ice. That was the “slow moving juggernaut” fantasy that should have been built upon. I refused to play Legion due the changes that were made to my favorite class/spec. Didn’t even buy Legion or play wow again until December 2017. Unholy and Blood were both pretty fun for raiding and random battlegrounds. I did the rated pvp for my weekly quests and that was it. Now I know that dw frost always pulled ahead end game. But I like to have fun. And while I only topped out at 1500 in season 3 of warlords I did it in 40 matches and it was with 2 handed frost. And I was pulling top 5 dps in lfr and normal raids. While those numbers would make me a scrub to the rest of the dw frost dk community Im perfectly fine with it because it was a blast. So why did it have to go away completely? Balancing is always the reason given but really for all the people that played 2 hand and were good at it this should have never happened or been excepted by the community. We should have gotten another talent tree because dw and 2 hand are two different animals. Different rotations and stat priorities and you had to work hard for it but it was fun! Having 2 weapon choices was part of frost dks identity. 1 was always a little better than the other and in pvp it was a blast destroying a dw dk or anyone from the other team that thought you were going down easy. In fact if 2 hand frost from WOD could be reinstated exactly as it left the game in the first place you better believe id play it. Id take all the old talents and stat priorities with it. I fought a gladiator prot warrior on stormshield island for about night. When I killed him he told me “wow how did you do that? I have never lost to a 2 handed frost dk before. Why don’t you play dw its so much better” lol Chill blains, army, necrotic plague, plague leech, death siphon, blood tap, Lichborne, blood presence when needed and tons of versatility. I don’t think it was right for it to be destroyed. I did all the artifact quests and stuff when I finally played legion and my frost spec always felt so soft. Nice damage at times but I couldn’t go toe to toe like I used to. And Unholy just doesn’t use the 2 handed sword the way frost used to. Festering strike isn’t Obliterate. Unholy isn’t exactly made for up close in your face combat. And crossing your 1 handers and striking twice for obliterate damage is just so bland. I cant seem to get on board with it. I know this post will get the $hit trolled out of it with dw nay sayers but I just want the choice again. Make Blood dw. Pick up the old parry enchants. Or 2 fallen cruasaders for the passive parry and damage increase hell I dont know. But give back an option for 2 hand and at least viable talents in each row for those of us that “choose” to play it as a 2 handed “slow moving juggernaut” . Because the dw play style just doesn’t do it justice. Blood could be a slicing and dicing " bleed you dry" machine with two 1 handers. Hell I remember back in cata running blood in pvp. Every other class hated it. I could drop warriors and pallys like nothing with a couple death strike crits. But back in cata I got smoked…by…a…dual wielding unholy death knight! No matter what I did he outlasted me and whittled me down to nothing… So dw had a place with unholy for a short time. Why did that have to go away? Why wasn’t it balanced around the 1 handers? It was perfectly “viable” lol. Ive read every 2 handed frost post out there and I makes me happy to read that others players miss it too because initially the forums were filled with people saying good bye and good riddance. I believe that somewhere out there…in the “Alternate Draenor Timeline” that 2 handed frost dks are still cracking skulls. Keep hope alive yall!!!

1 Like

That’s one of the worst text walls I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

That is one of the worst replies ive ever seen lol. However I apologize for making it more of a “rant and bragg” over my own experiences and personal opinion and playstyle preference. Sorry I didn’t leave it open ended enough for any good replies on the subject matter. I was hoping to get some feedback from somebody that could take a stand for the 2 handed case and get some attention from the devs. Like the 28 or 29 other forums on the matter. And im not currently subbed so I am unable to post this in the correct places to matter. And also busy with work, life, real life stuff. Maybe if 2 hand can make a return I could make a little free time to sit down and play some WOW again. So do you approve or disapprove of this new text wall? I tried to keep it short and on point for you because your opinion (the wow community) really matters to me. More importantly any talk of resolution and improvement for the game from any and all players is always welcome :wink:

1 Like