2 1/2 hour log in?

You need to take the transfer lol. They’ve done their job.

Idk id guess because it’s the only RPPVP server.

its getting worse. i havent got on grobb once since prepatch. queue just gets longer and longer. even on fresh the wait has gone from half an hour to 200+ minutes. on grobb it says free character migration available… really? they just closed like 80% of the servers. where are we gonna go? i hate to just be a complainer. i think its a great game and i appreciate all the work theyve done to give it to us but cmon. how bout opening a couple more servers or something. this is ridiculous

1 Like

Exactly right, this is all intentional.

Servers should be locked once they reach full status. No transfers or new character creation if you don’t already have characters there.

3 Likes

right? i was just forced off a low pop server that they retired. why retire so many servers? all that did was force everyone on to a few servers which in turn created this problem. they retired more servers than they left open. i was actually fine on my little low pop server. i transferred there from benediction because bene was over populated. i had to transfer from there to another server. i chose grobb because it was the only option left with a balanced population. i mean if they want no more pvp servers then just remove pvp and be done with it but dont act like its unreasonable that people want to play a pvp server with a population. tbh they never should of allowed factions to transfer to unbalanced servers that were already full. like what does "full’ mean? bene was balanced and full. never understood that one

4 Likes

Lol this is what people get for stacking on mega servers.

2 Likes

I went to sulfurus on a lvl 1 character to check out trade and lfg chat. No one was setting up any group for anything at 7pm and i was online for like 10 minutes. There are constant ZA, Kara. And other grouos on grobb, bene,faerlina which is why so many are there. Its not crazy to think in an mmorpg we want a massive player base

Can you force transfer any new players that have joined in the past month? Our whole guild paid money to come to our server because our old server died. Now us vets are being forced into queues while new subs are overtaking our server. It isnt right.

The good ol’ coal powered computater.

I was on Bene since the start of classic vanilla though

While this hasn’t been a problem for me I asked myself this question when it was announced. They know things are going to spike at launch, so why in the world would you shut down so many servers and allow players to pack onto already loaded servers?

Yes players get a bit of blame for all wanting to pile onto the same server, but at the same time Blizzard has the metrics, they can see how many players are going where. They can also see how many would be there if they came back so the brakes should have been thrown on several of these servers from day one.

Normally I don’t feel to bad for players but Blizzard created this one by shutting servers down and letting players go to already well populated servers. That doesn’t even get to the players that have been there this entire time and now have seen this thing balloon. Why should they be expected to take the jump, even more so if community is supposed to be as much of a priority as Blizzard states.

At the end of the day absolutely no one is going to take the jump to an underpopulated server simply because they don’t want to find themselves paying to move back where they came from a few months prior. This same song and dance has been happening for nearly 2 decades and Blizzard still hasn’t gotten a grasp on the reality that at a certain point you gotta take the nuclear option and just close the door, and you need to do it before it even gets close to creating this issue.

1 Like

Incorrect. Server racks can be added without taking the server offline and are ran through 3 different types of data control. SAN, NAS, and DAN. Blizzard is most likely using DAN (diret connected).

They literally can add more “space” to the server and they have noted that they can, but they do not want to spend the money as DAN is the most expensive type of server, but is the most effective.

Awesome post by Mispeled on this topic in the CC:

why would anyone transfer to these servers where old blanchy has less then 500 active raiders horde and alliance combine and people transferring there would hurt their AH markets. Sulfuras has almost no alliance and no more than 1000 people on the server. those are jokes of server choices they gave

1 Like

Old Blanchy needs to be taken out to pasture and turned into glue.

What a dog%*$( solution

1 Like

MVP status will be removed for trolling

1 Like

What about those of us that rolled here on day 1 of Classic? Transfer? That would be like telling my neighbor who was born here but is having trouble keeping up with property taxes due to all the out-of-state people flocking here driving costs up “Just move bro, stop being stoopid”

Sulfuras (on of the free transfer destinations) is already listed as full on the realm selection screen. All the mega servers STILL have MASSIVE queues…so that basically solved nothing and now even Sulfuras is approaching mega server status which brings along, you guessed it, QUEUES!