17th Anniv. Event Blows3

I’ve done this on 6 characters now. Boss 1 shot zaps you instantly from 100% hp and you need to walk back from gy at the bottom of CoT. He doesn’t drop anything. I’ve done this on 5 characters for gear, not even the mount, and not 1 piece of anything has dropped.

This event just showcases how bad blizz is nowadays. Worst anniversary event y’all have ever done. Good job.

EDIT - Thank you for fixing most of this Blizz, gj listening to players! I got the mount and am now happy. Credit where credit is due

4 Likes

I can agree about the Graveyard run. On my Warrior I’ll use dps a bit then I leap away and wait for everyone else to finish him off. I was able to get the mount on my fourth attempt while playing my Shaman. So I can confirm it does drop.

I did the event last night on 5 characters - 4 level 60’s and a level 41. Got three transmog items plus some gold. Not bad at all. No mount drop yet, though. But plenty of time still.

What are they supposed to do? Just give you the rewards for showing up? Give you a currency to grind if you want to unlock a few extras during the event? That would be insane.

This is a limited event. How are you supposed to show off your limited items once its over if everyone has them?

Edit: Since there are people that seem to genuinely think like this, it seems I need to add the /s

3 Likes

I was gonna say, be prepared for folks high on copium to tell you to be thankful for Blizzard for making this perfect event… but looks like I’m too late.

3 Likes

I have a lot.of issues with this game right now. But the anniversary? Really?

People, this is a throwback to how dangerous these bosses used the be. It’s an experience. These bosses were terrifying and extremely difficult back in the day. This is meant to give a taste of that danger and difficulty. It’s a good thing. It’s part of the experience.

If you can’t be bothered to try to have fun and just want purples handed to you, go find another game. I’m so tired of the whining and entitlement, because people don’t like dying or rare drops.

9 Likes

2 options. Give me the mount so I don’t need to grind this poorly designed event on 6 characters (like they do almost every year…), or increase the drop rate of gear on fel reaver so I don’t grind it on 6 characters for 20g per attempt. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Lots of gold and xp. Not to mention something to do.

Works for me.

I did get 220 boots on my DK too.

2 Likes

people wanted classic “difficulty” brought back. there it is!

2 Likes

That’s not classic difficulty, that’s just a blatant poor job designing this event.

1 Like

Idk sounds like Classic to me lol

2 Likes

Honestly, I was being facetious. My “hypothetical” there is how FFXIV does things. Fifteen minutes max for most events, and you have all the “main” rewards. Then they’ll add in a low-investment grind or two for a few more bonus rewards that are still guaranteed if you put in the time.

The whole concept of having RNG during limited events is completely asinine.

1 Like

I agree the boss fight sucks for lower level characters.

when the play is to stand back until other players have almost killed him, then run in, tag, and run away… that’s dumb. but that’s how it goes currently.

but “he doesn’t drop anything” is a straight up untruth.

3 Likes

You dont have to participate if you dont want to. This is something Blizzard does for fun and to celebrate, not because they owe you and should meet your specific expectations

… my expectations of fun and celebration? :rofl:

2 Likes

Hmmm. What events did we have on their 3rd anniversary? Their 7th? Their 9th? Their 11th? Nothing. 0 events.

Gotta love how people will cry and whine about anything.

They could really turn the event around if Bobby (and Fran) get the boot. Would be the best anniversary event ever!

2 Likes

Fran is the torture apologist, right?

3 Likes

Ewww, Fenny, you’re too good to use moronic terms like that.

3 Likes

Yup.