A Word on World of Warcraft

A Word on World of Warcraft

Join Executive Producer Holly Longdale as we look at what lies ahead for World of Warcraft in the upcoming content updates.

View Full Article

40 Likes

For the 10.2.6 patch for Dragonflight, we created what we think is a unique event inspired by past musings from the community. We can say that it is open to anyone with a WoW subscription if they want to participate (Classic or Dragonflight players).

That means there will be no PTR (Public Test Realm) for a portion of the next content update as we have traditionally done.

Why are we doing this? We like the idea of releasing content that has some surprises and isn’t datamined or revealed in advance. We also like to see the joy the community gets out of uncovering it all together as they all jump in to play.

What are they cooking?

15 Likes

Whatever it is, hopefully they are cooking with gas and the results will be fun.

12 Likes

More druids! More druids! Let’s go druids!

I didn’t read it yet but I want more druids. Increase druids. Love, Rita

28 Likes

Hopefully BG Blitz will be a ranked mode in season 4.

13 Likes

More comp stomp!

16 Likes

I recall there being no PTR for the recent Gilneas questline either.
Can’t wait to see what polypous fiend of the outer hells they pop a squat and push into this dismal vale of tears next.

17 Likes

I have not gotten enough faith in the no PTR for retail, I’m 100% sure addons will break and make people’s lives hell.

Pirates would sooth the pain a little.

6 Likes

Sounds like a train wreck in the making.

18 Likes

I appreciate any and all effort spent on keeping surprises in-game and not being spoiled ahead of time. Looking forward to the next patch!

19 Likes

A 10 minute questline where you have to kill random npcs in order to get a pirate tmog set.

32 Likes

o.O

Color me intrigued.

1 Like

They disappointed before but i’ma wait n see.

1 Like

Pirates?
Pandaria challenge modes?

Pirates looting pandaria challenge modes gear/mogs confirmed???

8 Likes

So nothing new for another month, and then the likelihood of UI nightmares as addons break on 10.2.6 launch, plus numerous bugs/exploits of whatever they add.

Awesome.

7 Likes

We are only halfway into the season, I dunno what you expected.

That’s the addon’s problem, not Blizzard’s.

8 Likes

WoW Classic Hardcore’s Self-Found mode is coming in late February, followed shortly after by the Beta for Cataclysm Classic.

YES… That’s part of the news I’ve been wanting to hear… so its sooner than I had predicted… now If I can just get some clarification on which version of the Darkmoon will be included with this reboot… and will it change over time?

1 Like

Interesting approach to 10.2.6.

2 Likes

And are they good looking?

9 Likes

I hope its some good gameplay with a GOAL as reward…because Holiday events had been dissapointed regarding gameplay and the rewards are still really bad RNG implementations or a vendor.