Collector's Edition Pets

• If you have the original Collector’s Edition, you will unlock that special CE pet on your Classic WoW character.

¯\(ツ)

I bet Starman is happy today.

Video confirmation:

6 Likes

This is a really bad idea, and I hope they go back on it.

10 Likes

Wave to everyone who told me no.

11 Likes

It’s a great idea.

6 Likes

If you can have your retail pets then I want a benediction transmog in retail when I aquire it in classic

5 Likes

He very well may be.

If i had heard this testerday, I would have said that I was shocked at this travesty.

Given that they have once again chosen to “go back on their word” with regards to sharding and extend it throughout the entire world (calling it layering doesn’t change what it really is), I really am not surprised, though.

How long will it before the cries of “my CE pets carried over. Why can’t that shiny I got in Classic carry over to retail for collection unlock?” or “Why can’t I bring this other item from retail to Classic?” start?

It seems that Blizzard really is bending over backwards to give the finger to those that for over a decade have requested that ;blizzard provide a truer Classic experience.

At this point, it seems that really is not a “labor of love” as they claim, but simply a way go say that they are still providing “vanilla”, even though it is, at best, a very poor imitation vanilla.

3 Likes

That was even quicker than I expected.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

It is a bad idea, but they’re not going back on it.

It sets a dangerous precedent of linking things between the two games.

3 Likes

Hi Fesz! It’s a glorious day isn’t it?

CE pets are tied to accounts, they’re not like Benediction. But you know that.

Remember when you said CE pets would never happen?

It happened.

Have a WONDERFUL day.

3 Likes

Not really. I paid extra $ for my pets.

1 Like

And you still have those pets. You can log in right now and use them.

But this game is Classic. Things you buy for one game shouldn’t be in the other.

12 Likes

Transmogs are also tied to accounts. If I had it, any priest on my account could use it.

Obviously I’m not really asking for mogs in classic to transfer to retail, but it’s just as ridiculous as allowing retail pets to come to classic

2 Likes

How the heck is it a bad idea?

Vanilla WoW CE pets were there from Day 1 on launch in 2004. They are going for a PURE AUTHENTIC experience. If you had a CE back then, you’ll have it now.

Zero issue with this. People who do have issue are upset they don’t have the CE and aren’t willing to fork over whatever Ebay is charging.

22 Likes

oh no a mini pet that will now take up one bag slot GAME OVER MAN!!!

9 Likes

Blizzard disagrees. Isn’t that awesome?

1 Like

Exactly this. What an awesome day!

2 Likes

Stop projecting. I have the TBC CE pet, and if there’s ever a TBC Classic server (which looks quite likely) I should absolutely, positively NOT be able to use it there.

4 Likes

ya we don’t want that mini diablo killing bosses in BWL

3 Likes

Why not? You had it back then. You’ll have it there if they keep it the same.

2 Likes