Collectors Edition Pets

Multiple blue posts have made it pretty clear that is unlikely to happen unless they offer those pets in another manner for Classic, though.

Those blue posts were opinions, and they don’t attend dev meetings, as you point out when blue posts go against what you don’t agree with.

I’m sure the devs are working themselves up in quite a lather trying to sort this one out.

1 Like

You ignore the fact that that particular blue explicitly stated that when he used the term “we” (which he did in those posts), he was speaking for the Wow team and from personal opinion.

You can see that if you go back and read those posts. Since I know you won’t, here are some of them:

And since he DOESN’T KNOW what they’ll announce, the statement is pretty much useless.

While he did not say “never”, he made it pretty clear what their position was and that their “philosophy is pretty rock solid”.

He made it pretty clear that the CE pets would not likely carry over to Classic.

If not having those CE pets is a deal breaker for you, I’m sure that Classic will somehow manage to survive without you.

I think this was the key point.

Edit: geeze I’m not sure how to keep posts in their original format…from mobile. The quote is from a BLUE

Since the post was made by someone who doesn’t attend dev meeting and admittedly doesn’t know WHAT is going to be announced, I’d say you’re wrong.

It’s a gray area IMO. You could put out a Classic CE but then everyone and their mother will buy it, making it less rare.

So then if it’s less rare, how special is it really?

If you don’t get the CE pets at all, then Classic isn’t “authentic”.

The point of not having items cross games is from what you do from THAT point forward. Nobody bought the CE 15 years ago and thought “I’m gonna buy this because 15 years from now classic will be out”.

Assume they’re completely separate, unless something states otherwise.

Ok then how do I get my Mini Diablo?

Hop onto retail?

1 Like

Then Classic isn’t the “authentic experience”.

You didn’t get two of them did you?

That’s true. Some changes and updates have been made.

That’s why I consider the CE pets a gray area.

If you don’t get them from your account, then Classic isn’t “authentic”.
If Blizzard makes a Classic CE, then the pets aren’t rare like they were intended.

You can keep asking. Just like we asked for Gbanks. If it’s up to chance, at all. It’s kinda slim chance.

Well, nobody’s come up with a better solution.

I’m gonna get a white kitten.

Good luck!

1 Like