17 year old game costs more than a new game

Company Blizzard is so economically savvy , that they have to bring back a 17 year old game and re-monetize it so it can help reach their annual revenue. Blizzard is banking on this because they are struggling for sources of income- so they convince all the players that the game needs ‘some changes’ which then creates the funnel for ‘new content’ that they will continue to release to meet these quotas. This new content will include varies of money grabs like mounts and account ‘features’, which aren’t really needed to begin with… All because they have horrible management skills and actually NEED the money.

Not just for the ‘players’ at this point.

Imagine if Blizzard reskinned Warcraft 3 and sold it again at the same price? Or reselling Diablo 3 as a mobile game? Oh wait…

39 Likes

Re-released and remastered games always cost quite a bit. You don’t have to buy it, though, unless you want the bonuses which is what you’re actually paying for.

No disagreements on the struggling for income part though.

1 Like

… It’s not even remastered, though. I don’t see any HD Blood Elf thongs.

8 Likes

I know. It’s a re-release. The thing is, the hosting the servers part and providing, “support” is part of the re-release.

1 Like

The game doesn’t cost 70 dollars.

A boost (normally 40) , a month of game time (normally 15), a mount and 2 toys costs 70 dollars.

The game is free with your sub.

9 Likes

Lol yeah because thats what every company should do- when people want an old product that is completely outdated- you put price tag on everything, change it to the new product and normalize it so that we are stuck with the same crap product that they have today- only more expensive. LOL

2 Likes

I’m confused, TBC Classic is free with your subscription, how is “free” more expensive than the average $60 of a new game?

12 Likes

Just wait to see the price tag on WLK.

The game just costs a subscription what are you going on about?

3 Likes

" The game is free with your sub " Lol.

And besides that laugh- so I have to either pick one or the other when people who pay get both? OH and those people get a free level 60 that I have to work for? Oh right. That won’t effect the game at all.

2 Likes

Sorry i was referring to the paid services cloning, delux etc… i think its the wrong thread i replied to haha

I mean, it is. the extra cosmetic bells and whistles cost money but the game itself is free

no, you get access to both. each individual character can choose to go to TBC or stay in Vanilla - the clone service is to have the same character in both, but if you still want to play both and don’t want to pay for the clone you are completely free to just make new alts

it’s level 58, and the once per account character boost is not the same as the $35 character clone service

correct

9 Likes

How does it affect you if someone has another level 60. People had 5 level 60s before the boost, did it make your experience worse.

The game is literally a sub with no base price. Stop looking over your shoulder worrying about what some other random person is doing with their life.

9 Likes

As someone that personally doesn’t really even see the point to cloning a character, TBC is free unless you want the vanity items. The boost is totally optional too.

That being said, the services being offered are still greedy

3 Likes

The whole point of the game is to stick out and to work for gear and experience. When this is offered with a price tag- most people are going to take it. Of course it effects the game. Your stupid if you think it doesn’t.

And paying a sub for a game… is paying for a game. At this point theres no difference in mobile games and Wow as they both have means of micro transactions that fill in the gap of spending for many many people.

Edit: Sometimes I forget I am talking to addicts themselves that will defend their game until the end

Tell you what, take a look at this list

Now for each of these games, go check out what they sell as microtransactions. These are Blizzard’s best competition. As in, the competition’s best efforts to provide something that attracts more players.

And after you’ve done that, can you tell me with a straight face what Blizzard is doing here is worse?

1 Like

People who pay to clone a toon don’t get a free level 60. They simply activate a copy of their toon so they can play both Classic Era AND TBC.

People who purchase the $70 Deluxe Collector’s Edition pack don’t get a free 60 or a free clone. They are paying $40 for the boost, $15 for the game time, and $25 for two mounts and a toy. Pricing seems pretty darn fair given Blizz’s usual prices for mounts and toys in the shop.

You can only buy one boost per account - and yes, the one with the CE counts as your one boost. You can’t buy the CE and then try to purchase a second boost later.

1 Like

Are you actually trying to convince me that micro transactions are a good thing? If you had any real insight- GAMERS DONT LIKE MICRO TRANSACTIONS. Or at least the ones I enjoy because who likes a game that has pay to win features? And all the companies do it to make more money, thats it. Not to make the game better.

No.

I’m trying to tell you that it’s 2021 and this is the market.

You can like it or hate it, but Blizzard has probably the tamest monetization schemes of any of the big games.

You’re free to go elsewhere, but I’m trying to tell you elsewhere is worse for this.

5 Likes

cosmetic microtransactions are fine - if you want them spend some extra cash, if you don’t or don’t think they’re worth the money then don’t. someone looking slightly more sparkly than you when they run by has no actual impact on either of your gameplay, and to call cosmetics pay to win is extremely silly

2 Likes