M+ Smoldering Hero Title -- Final

In this post, we’ll update the score required to earn the Smoldering Hero title for Dragonflight Season 2. As a reminder, the title will go to all players who end Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 2 with a Mythic+ Rating in the top 0.1% in each region.

In this region, the title will go to those who scored at least:

Good luck!

4 Likes

Please nerf Augmentation Evoker a lot as you set up the next season. It is really bad that 20% of mythic+ players should be 1 of 39 specs.

26 Likes

I really think there has to be a better way than to nerf the coolest thing they’ve come out with in the entire time I’ve played the game. I get what you and the rest of the world are saying, but I still don’t understand the desire to just destroy it. My personal opinion is to just let it have its moment of glory for the rest of the expansion, then reevaluate and make changes. Play around it, or heck, even play it. I pretty easily got over 3k this season coming back very late after all the nerfs, and I rarely had augs in my highest keys.

6 Likes

thats because blizzard nerfed all keys above level 20 to compensate for the fact that they let fire mages/guardian druids/hpals/spriest/aug vokers run wild for about a month before nerfing them.

after the nerfs, no one was able to complete the highest levels of keys that those groups had already done during that month, so they nerfed the keys to allow people to reach the same ratings as the unnerfed aug voker, etc.

Man are you talking about aug? If you think aug was a good thing, you must have a brick in your head.

5 Likes

I don’t think what it did to the game is necessarily a good thing. But I think from a conceptual standpoint, it is awesome. I never would have guessed that they would come out with something so outside of the box for them. They’re usually pretty predictable.

5 Likes

Like what? Make every other dps specs utility 200% stronger?

They can nerf it and bring it in line. There’s all sorts of knobs for them to turn.

As it stands for my 5 man I’ll be required to play Aug. it seems too late now so all they’ve done is guaranteed the 10.2 season will be another mess.

Havoc and rogues still need like 30% dmg nerfs. The seasons on its way to being over before it’s began.

Actually 100pct agree on this part. I think a TON of players are very upset that melee was so underpowered in s2 that they might be going overboard in trying to make them viable. As far as the aug stuff, I think you’re going to enjoy yourself. I think it’s interesting.

Aug is interesting. It can remain interesting without being broken. Every utility ability can be brought down in power without it feeling different to play Aug.

2 Likes

This needs to be the 0.1% per spec.

10 Likes

I

I promise they don’t have any plans to make DPS warrior viable or relevant. Least patch notes of any class. Both specs deeply flawed.

It really feels like you destroyed m+ and pushed a lot of people away. First with patch 10.1.5 class balance/addition of augmentation, and then with the scaling change to keys over level 20. The scaling change was implemented on August 22nd and 5 out of the 10 weeks since then have been virtually dead (little to no change to the title cutoff), which in my opinion has resulted in a very uncompetitive season.

2 Likes

No, warrior is dead on arrival for sure. But they’ve apparently made dh (an even more barbaric, brain dead class) overturned as heck, along with rogue.

1 Like

can you put the exact hour/day/time zone, the cut off is finished?, i remember from others seasons, the hero tittle end goal is like 8 hours before weekly reset or something like that

1 Like

And completely ignored changes needed for M+ for season 3.

3 Likes

Can you make it the top 0.1% of each class and spec instead of overall? There are certain toons that could be top 10 in the world in their class and spec and not get the title because of the abundance of OP classes or players that play OP classes. Just my 2 copper.

10 Likes

Good idea, terrible implementation. The trinity of 1/1/3 is 20 years old. About time they tried something to mix it up. Hope they keep innovating on it and add more support specs.

The cutoff for this is the 7th when 10.2 drops, or the 14th when the next season starts? I remember there being overlap with things such as KSM, AoTC/CE, etc. in the past…

Mix it up, why exactly? It only made it much worse. Change in and of itself isnt a positive.

1 Like