M+ Smoldering Hero Title -- Final

hopefully they never pull this again with releasing a spec that is so blatantly unbalanced that they refuse to nerf because its the new spec and ruin the experience of many high end players that are forced to adopt the spec. I understand making the hip new spec strong but don’t make something that’s so strong that you are trolling if it isn’t 100% required in every high end key. give it at least some form of weakness and reason why you wouldn’t want to play it.

2 Likes

I took a quick look at your armory page and 4/8 of your highest runs have Aug evokers. I bet I’d find more if I took a deep dive in your Raider io. Why did you come here just to lie?

I agree with all the above comments suggesting this title goes to the top 0.1% of the spec playerbase. 3500 on a Mistweaver is way more impressive than 3500 on an Augvoker.

4 Likes

For next season consider axing the 0.1% title all together so players stop having an aneurysm over spec balance at the extreme tip of an infinite scaling system that has meaning for about 500 people in the entire game.

Or if you want super exclusive stuff make it top 1% or even top 10%.

WoW is really weird in that it trips over itself to give reward to such extreme minorities line 0.1%.

2 Likes

I’d have to take a look. What you have to understand is that you took absolutely literally what I meant to describe slightly differently. You said 4 of my 8. Well, were scored on 16 runs. So there’s that. But then in my mind, a 23 is a 23. So if I time a key 4x at that difficulty, I consider those all equal, even though one is obviously my technical highest. I lump them all together. I know that out of all the keys I ran above 20 this season, I reckon I had an aug in maybe 15pct.

But regardless, I don’t disagree with you about it being the most carried class in th history of the game. 3/4 of the aug players just woke up one day with 3.5k score and they don’t even remember what happened or how they got there.

2 Likes

saeson cutoffs closed?

You said your highest keys, and I looked at your highest keys. The highest one for each dungeon, right off your armory page. I don’t know where the misunderstanding came from.

Anyways, no need to argue. I am not going to take the time to dive into your r.io just to prove you wrong, so I’ll take your word for it.

Pretty sure everyone can agree that 1 spec (aug) being the majority of the title holders is extremely lame.

They didn’t do anything during the season when it destroyed the ladder, so don’t expect anything now. They don’t listen to feedback at all.

I honestly just don’t really see it that way. I think they made a new class, and it is having its moment in the sun. I respect that people are discouraged by it, but I just don’t share that feeling. I feel like if it were a melee DPS that came out of the gate completely broken, everyone would just be fighting over who gets to play it instead of the furious situation we have now.

This outrage only happens when it’s ranged, for some reason. Everytime mage is busted, there’s constant raging. Aug comes out, constant raging. When destro warlock was super busted at the end of shadowlands, constant raging. But yet nobody cares when teams were running two survival hunters. Or in bfa when dh and rogue were overturned. It’s the strangest double standard I’ve ever seen.

The thing is it’s moment appears to be continuing into next season as well, with changes and additions that make it even stronger in not just m+ but raids as well. Meanwhile the other members of “God comp” have seen nerfs ranging from substantial to obliterating and likely won’t see m+ representation at all in 10.2.

1 Like

It is extremely unfortunate what they did to bear, spriest, and to some extent hpal. They should never nerf anything that many times. But evoker is a brand new class. I think letting it go for more than on season is ok. I just wish more people played it lol. Idk about you, but every time I wanted an aug for my keys, it was either wait a hundred years, or just go without one. But the worst specs in the game? Yea, I’d get 10+ applications from them every single key.

As a title level player that wasn’t my experience at all. Everyone I knew who didn’t play SP or mage already rerolled evoker and all of them spoke about how broken the spec was and how little thought it required in dungeons and how it had an answer for damn near everything.

1 Like

Perhaps that because you’re a title level player lol. At that level, I would imagine people are MUCH more prone to actually rerolling to meta, or just flat out making meta choices to begin with. But here in mediocre land where I live, it’s which fury warrior and ret out of the 300 in queue do you want to pick. On afflicted weeks, there were countless times where I just couldn’t make a group. I was getting nothing but dks, hunters and warriors in queue.

They definitely are, but a great deal of them do it begrudgingly because playing keys at the level they would have to drop to were they playing their mains simply isn’t a fun experience. It’s not even necessarily about if you can get title or not, it’s moreso that doing 25s with people doing 25s is not, at least from the opinions I’ve gathered, fun compared to doing 30s with people who do 30s if you’re someone who consistently does 30s.

The only way to counter this is to reward the top 0.1 - 0.5% of each SPEC.

That way, the billions and zillions of people that rerolled to chase FoTM can eat their own shoes.

It’s this, or what we’ve currently got.

It’ll never be truly balanced.

This whole thing reminds me of TBC and early arenas, when they were new.

Have a resto druid and a warrior friend? Congratulations, you get free Gladiator just based off that alone. It was awful, and that was basically 50% of arena teams back then.

The title didn’t mean much because of that.

This won’t solve as much you think, and 0.1% of each spec is still the same insanely exclusive rewarding scheme.

This will just change into the same people rerolling off meta and doing a 4/5 meta run to boost each other.

The same people getting title will still get it just by rerolling off meta instead of meta. The notion that a bunch of non-title players will suddenly overtake them is naive.

1 Like

Well, make it account-bound then.

If someone already has the title/achievement, don’t give them another space on the leaderboard, give it to someone else.

I believe it can be done.

They need to stop designing around these players that no-life the game and get all the top stuff, because it’s killing desire of others to even attempt to try.

1 Like

If they wanted to stop, they should delete the title all together.

When is the cutoff to get score? 10 pm PT tonight, or with the reset tomorrow?

1 Like

i asked that like 1 week ago and didnt have a answer, also dont have a oficial end for cutoff and pvp season like always do, this season and next ones seems like blizzard care less and less

So Augvoker is still a requirement

DH is doing like 20+% more DPS than the next (except rogues), and they have that wonderful tasty enormous burst window that Augvokers love to pair with so much.

VDH probably has a bigger gap between them and the rest of the field than Bear did in season 2

This is honestly pathetic. What happened to the class balance from season 1? Everybody’s already going to be demanding DH tanks for 20+ keys. Sooooo we just gonna tell all the other tank mains to take another entire season off?