Wrath Classic: The Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Returns

Wrath Classic: The Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Returns

The roads in Northrend are icy and fraught with danger. To help you continue your journey, players will get the benefit of the Joyous Journeys experience buff, which will increase experience gains by 50% for all players through level 80!

View Full Article

18 Likes

This is a good thing.

5 Likes

I hold out a small sliver of hope that this will increase the participation on WotLKC beyond the sweaty tryhards that are currently dominating the social structure. But, it is, no doubt, a tiny, tiny sliver of hope.

3 Likes

I would be doing classic Wrath if it wasn’t for Classic HC right now. That space is HUGE with participants right now. Actually enjoy playing WoW again.

Might as well just keep the buff active from here on out, since the innkeeper option is there to turn off the xp buff if the player chooses.

4 Likes

This is nice, but seems unkind to drop this just as .7 is dropping. Normally I bounce over to Wrath during lulls in retail.

But if it’s going to be around for awhile, there should be no mad rush to head over to level my 44(?) Druid.

Classic is UP by the way, I’m on my HC toon now.

Just let people go instantly to 80 at this point, I see nothing but tears from people who hate playing the game to level up. People beg for JJ,RDF and are unhappy with HEIRLOOMS. People begging for character boost services, we have WoW token, RDF, TBC Boost, Wotlk Boost, H++++++

You guys have killed Classic, goodjob.

Retail 2: Electric Boogaloo

4 Likes

No one is leveling.

If 0 people are leveling, and adding an xp boost causes a few hundred to level, that’s not “killing” anything. It’s breathing life into something dead.

12 Likes

Idk… I have much more fun leveling than I do being at level 80. The reason why I played my 80 is to farm emblems for looms. With 20% leveling 1-60 and maybe even till 70 is reasonable. But to level past 70, I wait for AV weekend because it’s just too slow. However I find that JJ buff gives just the right amount of experience for the time I spend playing.

This is the reason why I don’t like playing Classic Vanilla. The leveling just takes very long that I feel my time isn’t rewarded. I need a certain amount of gratification per time spent.

I haven’t leveled with 20% + JJ 50% so I’m excited to see how fast 70% is.

My goal is to level each class and possibly specs to 80 before cata. Then do it all over again.

I don’t really care about raiding. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

Here is a virtual tissues, enjoy

1 Like

I just returned to wrath on my other account. Sweet timing :smiley:

Flings tissues everywhere

3 Likes

I saw tauren mills pick up yesterday. Your hope may not be unfounded. A few more 20 to 30’s out and about. Hope its stays like that.

Even on whitemane this place was dead when I felt inspired to level the blood elf s. priest there before this.

2 Likes

i agree. token to 80 in the shop.

let they put their dollars where their moth is.

Cool, when you put in RDF I will come play

3 Likes

ICC patch will have it, welcome back!

1 Like

Not surprised. How many of these have we had now? May as well just make it permanent at this point. The damage is already done, and people keep asking for it whenever it’s off. Better yet, just start every new character at 70.

Sad reality is that if you would have just launched with LFD in for classic/crusade dungeons at the start (which people told you to do), we wouldn’t be in this situation.

1 Like

its staying all the way thru icc. its almost a perm buff unless they say otherwise and this is the final patch upcoming. also retail didnt get crap this patch so you wont miss anything and will be over here soon lol

At this point…yeah.

It didn’t have to be this way. RDF at the start with retail’s setup of dungeon xp quest rewards would have avoided this, imo.

This would have been the fairest caveat here.

Since even in retail in bfa pre chromie days when people said leveling is so sloooooooow I’d say run some dungeons.

It worked. Hate quests? Well then run dungeons. LFD was there to remove any excuses.

If a player could not work up the effort to click a couple buttons to sign up…that was on them.

I know reading isn’t the typical WoW player’s strength, but it pretty clearly states the buff is going to stay active this time.

Pick up a book sometime.