So how does this Dishonorable kill system work?

i found that guy by accident when questing… to my horror at the time… who the hell thought that was a good place for a civilian

I believe its more than 5%, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Was ~ Rank 9 12% the week prior to PVP Patch during which I got a DHK.
Week of Patch = Rank 9 0%
Week after, with 240k Honor = Rank 9 49%

I should have reached Rank 10 with that amount; however, I was set back half a rank completely :frowning:

It’s between 4 and 5% of your rank. I know from personal experience de-ranking.

No, you missed your cutoff by 17k. If you had 257k you would have been R10/0%.

DHKs did not impact your rating.

Check the website: https://soffe.github.io/ClassicEraHonorCalculator/

1 Like

Sadly a unfortunate fact of this wackadoodle system.

Wern, I think a big part of the issue with the system is that it is easier to rank from a higher % of a lower rank than from a lower % of a higher rank.

Example:
Rank 12 99% → 500k honor → rank 13 73%
Rank 13 1% → 500k honor → rank 13 35%

Both the % you are looking at are at the lower end of rank 9 - so the impact was probably small.

1 Like

We’ve been working to correct that. In higher ranks, players have been intentionally earning dishonorable kills to lower themselves below their current rank threshold in order to gain credit for an additional rank bucket, thereby allowing them to gain progress more quickly than a player who is just above that upper rank threshold.

It’s not our intention to reward players for gaining dishonorable kills. To remedy this, we’re making a change to the way we reward points for a player’s current rank during weekly calculations.

Rather than rewarding players with credit for the entire bucket, you will now only earn up to the amount you’re missing from that bucket. There should no longer be a benefit from lowering one’s rank via dishonorable kills to earn progress more quickly.

This change will go into effect with the weekly reset on Tuesday, September 12.

12 Likes

So this weeks calculations is as is? but next week we get a modified system to try out?

Also thank you for the update!

1 Like

This is encouraging to read and I hope a similar stance is adopted for the assuredly unintended rewards players have been reaping from the unlimited free transfer service!

Fix your game, I’ve given plenty of suggestions if y’all cared to do something positive

1 Like

Well, the fact that this update came out on the 22’nd and now they’re doing something about it already that’s good IMO.

I am glad they’re communicating and making changes as needed. Lets hope this update is even better than the last.

3 Likes

Yet they ignore the complaints about AV botting/ AV honor being way higher than the other two BGs solo. Don’t you get they do NOT care about this game? lol

The other BG’s need a buff in some format for sure. Thing is tho, we’re making progress; lets continue to make progress and keep a good attitude to gain that progress.

2 Likes

This is the opposite of progress!! This is the LAST thing that blizzard should work on. Why not ban av bots? Why not add more honor to other bgs? Revert the old honor system?

Yet this is what they’re focused on. Dishonorable kills that reduce your honor, lol. It’s just like the old system, DHK’s reduce your honor. Oh no! somebody got a DHK, let’s fix that and not the other 10,000 more important things going on in Classic Era. Lol.

I mean… they quite literally are… and they explained it in the post you replied to…

You aren’t quite understanding the post my friend. They are nerfing a way for players to rank up. It’s not “positive” it’s an irrelevant side task to their neanderthal new system

1 Like

Dont mind him. Just a salty premader angey nobody is forced to touch AB/WSG for them to farm anymore.

1 Like

I dont think YOU understand.

People were using an unintended mechanic of the new ranking system to rank faster than expected. That mechanic is being fixed.

Do you understand now or naw?

Grats!! We are all punished by losing 60% RP this coming week. I wonder how many quit the game for another great Blizzard fix!

1 Like

I’ve been one of the top advocates for caution against changing the Era honor system and then advocating for ways to make WSG/AB more desirable. You and any other person on here a lot should know it.

I still think that changing this was the right thing to do because “gaming the system” is not. If that makes people mad so be it.

2 Likes

Something that cannot be overstated (and likely lost on the newcomers) is that AV was completely unavailable in Classic Era for over a year. It only recently gained a regular once-a-month status while the other two BGs could fire off all week. The explosion in participation is no surprise considering Era’s population growth when paired with this update. It was a perfect storm.