Rules of Engagement: Classic Hardcore is Coming to World of Warcraft

Rules of Engagement: Classic Hardcore is Coming to World of Warcraft

It’s official, Hardcore realms are coming to World of Warcraft. Players will have the opportunity to show if they have the edge, the grit, the very will— to engage with Azeroth, its denizens, and their fellow players… to survive.

View Full Article

74 Likes

This looks interesting.

14 Likes

Not my thing, but happy for folks that want this.

29 Likes

I may give it a try as something different.

3 Likes

It’s cool to see official support for this.

" BUBBLE HEARTH NO MORE

Paladins will not be able to use their Hearthstone while under the effects of Blessing of Protection, Divine Protection, or Divine Shield on Hardcore realms."

Paladins in shambles.

34 Likes

Cool, what about non-hardcore? They getting an update anytime soon?

18 Likes

No 24 hour lockout on dungeons or add a realm without it please. IT’s silly, people can choose to enter that dungeon if they wish, it’s far more dangerous than any questing. Outside of that, this looks great. I’m glad to see official hardcore realms.

4 Likes

once there are people at max lvl, its to combat selling power leveling in the dungeons.

13 Likes

Yeah i’m curious on if Blizz will remove Petri potions from the servers.

12 Likes

I’m looking forward to some Rextroy type makgoras and the subsequent rush to the forums about how angry they are about it.

3 Likes

Please restrict trading / mail! If you do not want to, do what Tim Jones said and create challenges or tags for players who do not want to trade or use mail!

23 Likes

Notice how nothing was mentioned about trading.

15 Likes

This is more, “softcore” than hardcore. At least compared to the add-on/community version. Good start, but still quite soft.

As someone who has done hardcore a couple of times, what makes it so difficult is the lack of trading and not being able to use the AH and your mailbox. The limitation of only being able to enter an instance once and the level restrictions therein, etc.

The other issue is deaths from DC’s or other bugs (which happens quite often). At least with the add-on you could appeal those deaths and keep your status. Here, you’re just done. That’s going to kill the desire for a lot of actual HC players alone.

The anti-griefing measures are nice, though.

19 Likes

They did talk about trading already

• Blizzard states that they will not be restricting any type of trading, regarding mail, Auction House, or person to person trading.
7 Likes

I feel like Blizz just set the foundation so far. i’m sure PTR will be buzzing with feedback.

1 Like

Weren’t the HC trading restrictions only in place to prevent movement of resources from non-HC sources? With the server entirely HC this is no longer an issue.

27 Likes

So there will be no way to get pvp gear?

3 Likes

What about Shaman ank and warlock soul stones?

Faction balance. The Paladin is the Alliance counterpart of the Shaman. Removing Reincarnation would create a factional imbalance.

A max level player could trade a massive amount of twink gear, enchants, etc, to a low level alt. I saw a couple of videos on this.

I’m not playing hardcore. There are a lot of people who rely on the addon the the point where they think that every feature of the addon should be implemented on the hardcore server. I think the addon creates an antisocial community attitude that goes against the spirit of what the game was intended to be.

I don’t see anything about forming groups in the world. The addon didn’t permit this, which meant there were quest mobs with 30 minute respawn timers intended to be killed by groups, and long lines of players who were required to solo it to get kill credit.

4 Likes

They didn’t talk about it in this article, which is supposed to be giving the ruleset and explaining the decisions behind them.

3 Likes