Add a CD for free transfers

Honestly the free transfer takes to much away from the HC experience. But, Allowing people to save progress will help keep raiding alive. Im all for a way to save progress on an HC toon but I think there needs to be restrictions. Either add a 30-60 day CD on tranfers per account or only allow 60’s to transfers.

If free server transfers are allowed there will be griefers ALL over the place.

1 Like

The only transfers I saw mentioned were transfers to another realm by a level 60 after the level 60 died. At that point they are no longer playing on the hardcore realm. To replace that character they will have to level up to 60 again. I saw nothing about transferring onto a HC server. I don’t think that will eveer happen.

1 Like

Where did you see this?

AFAIK, here’s what the official post says:

"Your character is not necessarily lost if you die, however. After dying on a Hardcore realm, players will be able to choose to utilize the Free Character Move service and move their dead character to a non-Hardcore Classic Era realm. Once the move is complete to the non-hardcore realm, that character may resurrect as normal, but the way back to a Hardcore realm will be closed to them."

1 Like

30 to 60 days is a bit steep. Perhaps 14 days?

1 Like

Literally nothing stops people from not deleting their HC character under the current system.

Why would you need a restricted CD for transferring off the HC realm? This in no way impacts the realm itself. I dont understand how this encourages griefing at all.

4 Likes

Abolish player-elected transfers altogether. The only legitimate use of transfers to to move players off realms that have been slated for deletion.

What you linked to is what I read and described. If you die at level 60, you will be able to continue to play your character on transfer to a different realm. Do you interpret that differently? I’m not sure what OP’s interpretation is, but what this describes does not look to me like anything that needs a CD.

I don’t see any explicit mention of level 60.

Yeah, I don’t know what difference a CD for transfers would make.

I guess that was an assumption I made. But I still don’t think players leaving on death will be a problem that needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Softcore players that are at odds with HC would be able to level a toon on HC and grief dungeon runs and then transfer and continue to level. Especially at low levels. It WILL happen.

1 Like

Very few “Softcore” players will make it to the level to the first dungeon let alone multiples. Maybe RFC.

Average death of players now using the add on is level 14.

This is not me being contentious, but can someone tell me what the actual problem would be if they could just transfer whatever character off of HC to Era? I can only really think of pros for population and people continuing playing here instead.

No one is going to transfer a low level toon. Most people wont even transfer a level 60 unless it has a lot of gear attached to it. I see 0 issues with no CD on transfers. Griefing will happen no matter what, CD or not.