Rules of Engagement: Classic Hardcore is Coming to World of Warcraft

wont AH/Trading just ruin HC? it will just lead to botters again selling gold like on every other version of classic as well as GDKP runs coming back

14 Likes

Awesome!!!

3 Likes

String of Ears should allow purchase of PvP gear. The more ears you have, the more gear/weapons/mounts you unlock.

5 Likes

HC is DOA. Bring on the FRESH Classic WoW.

12 Likes

I wish they’ve also provided PTR start date though

3 Likes

This was one of the issues that was talked about among the hardcore crowd when this rumor first appeared. As someone who has played HC many times, this “official” version holds almost no interest to me and I bet most HC players feel the same way. It’s not really hardcore. It’s more like softcore.

3 Likes

It seems great, but, can you make a Hardcore PvP server? Maybe in the future. Or make an achievement for the players who wanna make their way to 60 with pvp flagged on :raised_hands:t3:

5 Likes

You still can use addon rules, it’s basically just griefless server with permadeath.

7 Likes

yeah I just started HC and wasnt no trading/ah supposed to be part of the challenge of it, having those means you can just get gear more easily. I cant imagine it going well

8 Likes

I’m sure the addon writer will make an addon for people who want more restrictions than Blizzard is providing.

There are also a lot of players who were dead set on all griefing opportunities continuing in the new servers.

According to the addon writer. Blizzard never said anything like this. Feel free to continue playing on whatever server you currently are playing on.

3 Likes

I’d love to see you guys remove the petri flask leave group hearth to escape dungeons.

12 Likes

Replace the petri effect with Videre :slight_smile:

1 Like

NO Bubble Hearth NO Petri Hearth!

WHAT IS THS, how could you do this to us Paladins

DONT LET THE PETRI HEARTH BE A THING

12 Likes

The amount of thought put into having all phases active at launch impresses me. Regardless, I’ll continue to play Classic Era.

2 Likes

As for trading and grouping up, Blizzard stated they want to keep the social aspect of classic, in classic.

The original hardcore rules were made to differentiate HC players from multi-lifers and were extremely anti-social. I was on the server (Bloodsail Buccaneers) when HC started and a lot of server natives really hated the attitudes that HC people had.

If you don’t wanna trade or group up just don’t trade or group up.

9 Likes

Banning Bubble Hearth, but not changing Petri potions is absolute cancer. If you support no changes to Petri, but want bubble hearth banned, you are a blight upon this game. Back to private servers I guess

17 Likes

what’s the problem to play with addon rules on a new server though? Because you’ll have hard time finding dungeon groups and doing 60 content on the old ones, since ppl will just migrate anyways

3 Likes

Your achievement is the Mak Gora Ear Collection buff. Tallying up your kills.
So that all could see how many kills you have.

4 Likes

How will Marudon and Scarlet Monestary lockouts be handled since the dungeons have different wings with different levels? Will they fall under on lockout or will each “wing” have different lockouts?

2 Likes

Solo Self Found playstyle will still continue you just know the streamers and primary players are gonna keep those “rules” and not play with anyone who can’t be verified otherwise.