Clarification on the “Against Overwhelming Odds” Quest Reward

There is currently a display error which is causing some characters that are eligible to receive the “Against Overwhelming Odds” quest to see an incorrect item level listed as the reward. However, the rewards are working as intended. Azerite rewards are now meant to be item level 400 and non-Azerite rewards are now meant to be item level 395. The quest chooses one at random for each character. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue and have the correct item level displayed.

As an additional note, when Rise of Azshara releases, this quest will be removed from a character’s quest log if it hasn’t been turned in before it becomes unavailable during a Tuesday morning weekly reset.

5 Likes

Against overwhelming odds three weeks in a row, you won’t see me complaining about faction imbalance in the pvp setting when we are given stuff like this. Last week we got this at the same time as a Drustvar invasion and a Drustvar CTA, as well as a last minute against all odds after the server restart Tuesday morning.

Let’s just say that it didn’t bode well for the horde in Drustvar that day :smile:

1 Like

Finally. It is going to be removed.

But honestly, should’ve never been added in the first place.

It says that the quest will be removed from a players quest log if they havent turned it in yet by the patch, not that the quest as a whole will be removed. Might have something to do with adding and removing items to the loot pool for the event without giving players a freebie upgrade like with what happened with the mythic plus chest at the start of this expac. I could be wrong, but that is how I interpreted it.

3 Likes

Does this mean the quest will be deleted on just the day of the weekly reset on 8.2 patch day, or will it be deleted every week after as well? Asking for clarification.

1 Like

This explains why my warrior sees a 400 reward and my DH a 395.

The warrior’s getting a piece of azerite.

1 Like

It means the quest won’t carry over from week to week like it currently does

2 Likes

It’s not going to be removed just it won’t carry over from week to week

1 Like

thats what im hoping. id hate to see it removed. It benefits the alliance more just because of how many more horde players play pvp. hopefully something like this will incentivize more pvp play in the alliance.

Right. So if the quest is available 3 weeks in a row and you pick it up during the first week, it won’t be removed from the quest log unless you turn it in, at which point you can pick it up the next week it’s available. The quest itself will continue to exist.

5 Likes

Sweet, thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

This is straight up bs! I’m out numbered 15v1 for everything open world. I literally was unable to finish the invasion yesterday because I was camped by a steady stream of 20+ Alliance.

2 Likes

That’s too bad, have you thought about turning off War Mode?

16 Likes

Logic? That’s completely unheard of for horde. Someone in my horde guild was complaining they couldn’t do the Turtle WQs with war mode on…

Well…let’s see…there’s a few solutions to that… Apparently WM off isn’t an option they’d rather torture themselves for no good reason. Fine by me though, I get the 20% and free loot, LOL.

3 Likes

I wish it was. Both factions should have this quest at the same time. The way it currently is, is just bad design

4 Likes

Neither faction should have this quest. The fact that warmode participation is so low they need to offer players gear to get them involved, that is bad design. But it’s here to stay, so I’d suggest learning to deal with it.

The solution to being camped by opposite faction is either turn off WM, or gather some friends and fight your way out. The latter is always better than the former.

1 Like

I mean yeah, I agree to that. Removing that quest seems to be the best option. People only run war mode for that quest and then turn it off. No reward like this should come from having war mode on

Sorry to sound mean here or something, but this should be removed, as well as all PVE Bonuses that is included from WM. The only reason why most people turn on WM is for all the PVE Bonues, and this is the reason why the Alliance is outnumbered by the Horde.

If the bonuses in WM was more focused towards PVP, then the AOO wouldn’t need exist in the first place, which means the Alliance wouldn’t need welfare loot to be encouraged to turn on WM.

3 Likes

Both sides are guilty of doing the same thing - so in a perfect world, both should NOT get rewards. WPVP should be just that.

Face facts, a lot of people genuinely do not like to PVP. And do it only to get a quick reward. It’s not sustainable with the way it is.

But it’s here to stay so try not to care too much about gear. And turn off WM if your getting ambushed.

1 Like