WoW Hotfixes - Updated July 13

Uh… what? Why?

Rework forst and UH dk

This is all based on the world first kill and subsequent copycat kills. They abused him by hiding in a corner, and when Zskarn hit 100 energy, they dragged him to the other side of the room so the Tactical Destruction would fire over there and not where the raid was.

This is supposed to stop any and all attempts at doing what World First did and force you to kill the boss normally, which ironically was almost impossible.

Plans on fixing the multi-gigabyte memory leak with the crafting UI? It’s been a bug since prepatch.

Also, people are still botting running into walls all day on snowstorm mount for infinite snowball drops, since for some reason that’s the primary source of snowballs outside of winterveil and midsummer events. Yes, that FOMO time limited store mount is the main source of a reagent for a primary stat feast, and botters have been abusing this.

Also a bunch of fishing bots still at it for half a year. Seeing the same toon names and their operator logging off and on between different toons to avoid server side detection. AFAIK, would be easy to detect if you had a kernel anti-cheat detecting injected inputs/RDP, but as per the classic post your developers made on bots, it’s too hard to add a kernel a/c or off the table entirely.

I looked through the notes and didn’t see it. Did they fix not being able to roll need on Aberrus gear if you upgraded a lower difficulty’s gear past the base ilvl? I got a tier piece out of LFR but I’m afraid to fully upgrade it because I wouldn’t be able to roll on a normal drop.

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

May 26, 2023

Dungeons and Raids

• Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
    • The Vigilant Steward, Zskarn’s health reduced by an additional 10% on Mythic difficulty, to a total 25% health reduction.

Quests

• Big Slick in the City should now no longer anger the local wildlife during “Snail Mail.”
  • The speed up bonus now lasts twice as long during “Snail Mail.”

go on… we’re listening…

Hey Sanq where’s Kaivax with the class tuning :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you WoW team!

Sooooo we’re just gonna casually slip in this GIGANTIC change?

my guess is that it’s now based on where the majority of the raid is, which is how it should’ve been from the start.

Ahah, so that was a bug then. The spreadsheets were posting it as a feature.

Heroic Zskarn is still almost impossible for most heroic pugs

Alright, now where are the desperately needed M+ tuning changes?

Fix the chain lightning bug already.

Does this fix the OCE bug coming out of timewalking, where it’s reset back to Obsidian? [edit: does appear to - at least I had the correct buff when I re-equipped the trinket after TW. still didn’t seem to work in TW though (which is why I un-equipped it in favour of a different trinket)]

oh this sounds thrilling. i am still waiting for the stuff to get “hotfixed” fron Pandaria, Legion and Draenor expansions. Its just trash second rate “dont give a damn lets make some money on a quick expansion no one will notice we got the money anyway” attitude. But its cool…we dont notice.

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

May 30, 2023

Classes

• Druid
    • Fixed a bug causing Ursol’s Vortex to use its PvP duration in PvE content.

Dungeons and Raids

• Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
    • The Forgotten Experiments
      • Fixed an issue where players sometimes left combat between when boss creatures were active.
    • Rashok, the Elder
      • Fixed an issue where Lava Wave is inflicting damage more often than stated in the spell description.
    • Magmorax
      • No longer targets pets with Blazing Breath.
    • Echo of Neltharion
      • Shatter no longer damages pets.
  • Mythic+
    • Neltharus
      • Burning Chains found in the Smoldering Barracks no longer damage players.
      • The doorway in the Smoldering Barracks now opens when Chargath, Bane of Scales is defeated.
      • Increased the cooldown of Qalashi Thaumaturge’s Molten Core.
      • Forgewrought Monstrosity health reduced by 25%.
      • Lava Flare health reduced by 20%.
      • Magmatusk
        • Magma Eruption damage reduced by 20%.
    • Vortex Pinnacle
      • The cooldown of Temple Adept’s Greater Heal has been increased.
      • Skyfall Star’s Starlight damage reduced by 20%.
      • Asaad, Caliph of Zephyrs
        • Skyfall Nova health reduced by 20%.

Items and Rewards

• Players can now get a Wirt’s Leg drop during the Diablo promotion even if their class cannot use the weapon type.
    • Developers’ notes: We are seeing that some versions of Wirt’s Leg are rarer than others due to a restriction on only seeing items your class can use. With the item being Bind on Equip, we are removing the restriction of only seeing items your class can use, so players will see a Wirt’s Leg more often and can send it to an alt that can use it. Also, players can trade a version of the leg they do not need to others that do.

Player versus Player

• Classes
    • Druid
      • Moon and Stars will no longer cause Precognition to trigger even if the Druid is successfully interrupted.

Professions

• Alchemy
    • Potion and Phial Cauldrons have had their cooldowns reduced to 10 seconds so that solo alchemists who provide for large raid sizes can do so quickly.

Quests

• The Seething Orb puzzle in the Zaqali Caldera will now spawn more frequently.
  • Fixed an issue where the Elder Magma Serpent might not spawn if Ritualmaster Skarna was defeated too quickly during “Researchers Under Fire.”
3 Likes

…Why was this happening in the first place? I was killing them on a hunter and wondering why they weren’t dropping. I figured since they were BoE, they could drop for me. -.-

Still killing in hopes of the mount drop. No luck so far. :confused:

Thats it? Two weeks of nothing major going on and this is all you guys have? What about class balance issues? Or how about afflicted being terrible to see and invisible in VP, as a colorblind person it is literally invisible most of the time.

Rokmora - Stop the adds spawning above 80-90 energy please. Ham-fisted DPS burn literally seconds before a shatter on a fight that is primarily about area denial/control and personal positioning is just stupid.

VP Charges - They do way too much damage on Fort weeks and need a nerf, also the unavoidable AE that happens in those packs is a brutal combo.

BH 1st boss - The bleed needs some consistency changes. I’ve gotten people above 90% and it just continues to tick them anyway.

Neltharus - Chains bugged to all hell, the mammoth still does too much damage, and the timer is too tight. Also, the last boss is still a meme boss, can we please just remove the charge ability.

3 Likes