15 renown for flying is ridiculous

For new players this is crazy.

57 Likes

Homie it’s nothing. You already have Dragonriding.

60 Likes

No different for old players. Blizzard have become experts in ensuring a continuing dwindling player-base.

57 Likes

It’s pretty bad yeah

Honestly if they just scrap the “renown 15” requirement (including the new faction) then the rest of the requirements seem reasonable

…of course, ideally “Pathfinder” itself should just be scrapped altogether, just change it back to how we got flying back in the og days: you paid a flat one-time fee of X and then you could fly - simple as that :man_shrugging:

62 Likes

Yeah, 15 renown is awful. idk what the thinking is behind it.

37 Likes

why would new players care?

9 Likes

Because they’ll need to put in a few weeks of effort for the ability to fly slower than the DR mount they received 45 minutes after hitting level 60… I guess?

35 Likes

Come on man, it’s more like months for a truly new/returning player (0 current reps/0 renowns), let’s not kid ourselves

It’s a LOT of boring busywork content to grind thru, and the sick joke is that none of it is fun either lol

43 Likes

Pretty much. The only ones this affects are those with disorders or disabilities that make dragonriding unusable.

6 Likes

I don’t think new players are ranting and raving about old flying. I’d understand if this was a requirement to fly in the new zone, but this is requirements for slow old flying.

8 Likes

Alright, sure, we can assume it’ll be like a month. (I was well past 15 with the base 4 within 4 weeks)

It’s still to unlock slow flying.

9 Likes

Pathfinder made rep grinds less enjoyable because I was forced to do them without flight. Repetitive activities like rep grinds in open world zones are one of the times I want to fly the most. It got to the point where I dread rep/renown grinds after too many pathfinder achievements.

14 Likes

Or, or… the people that like using their favorite flying mounts :man_shrugging:

Or the players that find Dragonriding annoying/lane for whatever reason. For example I dislike the absence of a hover-in-mid-air feature, and that’s a deal-breaker for me :100:

It’s also a nuisance to steer at ultra-high gigaspeeds, so much so that you often miss your landing if it happens to be a small ledge/small surface area. And getting “caught” on random branches and such. I’m not a fan of it, it’s no replacement for the real flying imo

28 Likes

Took less than a month to max out reps at launch.

It’s even faster now. And you don’t even have to max them out.

8 Likes

It’s not as big of an impact. Those people can still fly with dragonriding. Those who have disorders or disabilities can’t fly at all.

1 Like

You totally missed the point… people want to fly, with their favorite flying mounts :wink:

Being able to choose from 100s of flying mounts (normal flying) is superior to being artificially limited to “the same” 4-5 boring models for your choice of mount

11 Likes

If peoples’ “disorders or disabilities” prevent them from even doing quests (to get the rep we all got almost a year ago), I don’t even know why they’re subscribed. But in any case… there are flight paths that go everywhere.

Okay.

Most people hit renown 15 last year. Maybe the people complaining should try playing the game.

10 Likes

the real question is why there is even a pathfinder when dragonriding was free. then they wanna gate it even further by making you get renown 15 with new rep. yes the players love these kind of things it’s why they all quit besides us dummies.

27 Likes

Oh noes we have to play the game whatever will we do.

:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

still don’t solve the problem of gating i can’t wait til they add pathfinder for dragonriding the forums will be hilarious next expansion if they do it. they way til many people done walked away from df but yes keep gating normal flying. they are hilarious.

4 Likes