Dragonflight: The Tempest Unleashed Pre-Expansion Event Shakes Up Azeroth

Dragonflight: The Tempest Unleashed Pre-Expansion Event Shakes Up Azeroth

As a new age of adventure approaches, Primalists compel the very elements to strike all over Azeroth. Quell their rage and venture once more into Uldaman to recover Tyr's lost memories.

View Full Article

5 Likes

uhhhh cool wind battle pet? YES PLEASE!

2 Likes

Please tell me the mat to create the heirloom trinket was upgraded to a guaranteed drop if you kill the boss. I really don’t have time to farm the event forever for that silly mat.

7 Likes

Last I heard, it’s a rare drop, and you need the rare drop for each elemental to create the trinket.

1 Like

That’s my concern, given it’s a limited time event that’s just completely unreasonable.

6 Likes

Based on drop rates from PTR where I killed each boss dozens of time, most players will be lucky to get even 3 of the 4 required items to make the trinket.

The very select RNG lucky few who do make the trinket will deserve a FOS and title of some kind.

3 Likes

I completely agree. As long as the elementals can be looted more than once a day, it might make it bearable. If we only have 14 tries at each elemental per character, it will be very difficult to complete.

1 Like

They can be AFAIK, but people have lives. Blizz shouldn’t make them focus time they should be doing other things on a temporary event. That’s not healthy for either party. This is just dumb. If you get the achievement for doing all four invasions you should get the trinket.

13 Likes

I don’t think I could ever bring myself to vacuum up cute, innocent little critters… pixel based or not. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Since when has is been required that everyone gets the participation award in an MMO? I am just curious, honestly. One of the things that used to make MMO’s cool was being able to get some items that 99% of players didn’t have. I really hope that things go back in that direction whether it is in WoW or any future MMO.

3 Likes

FFXIV kinda set the bar here for “participation rewards” for limited-time events.

And TBH I’d much rather have a reward be based on time and effort, and not RNG. RNG friggen sucks!

9 Likes

It’s been pretty standard for pre-patches. You don’t need to be so dismissive. FOMO is a really bad pattern because it burns out players and thus hurts blizz.

:roll_eyes: yeah there’s the true colors. Because an heirloom trinket is so important /s.

I really don’t. WoW is one of the few MMOs that leans so hard on FOMO and it’s a bad pattern. But if you want to feel special… w/e.

7 Likes

Yep and just like FF14 I would rather need something from the events that I need to save up to get the trinket over WoW’s need to say well its a 1/5000 (just an example) drop and you need 4 of them. Oh and you have roughly 2 weeks to farm them but each boss is only availble for a couple of hours at a time.

2 Likes

How is working towards something a participation trophy?

RNG is not a skill

14 Likes

Be cool if I could tag anything.

4 Likes

I can’t even get to the zone event. Booted out and Instance Not Found.

I don’t get it. Are we just killing mobs and hoping for token drops or is there an actual objective to be completed?

Seems like 3/4 nodes are empty at any given time and the last one has a million players instantly tagging everything.

It really did shake azeroth, it is unplayable right now

Good luck on getting a hit in on anything, every single thing is grayed out. No credit, no loot, no essences. I don’t know how this is supposed to work. So much for trying to participate in the prepatch event.

3 Likes

Shaken so much, you can’t even get in!