Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Before 11/28 and Get a Mount in WoW

WoTLK servers : literally melting under 8 hour queues

Blizzard : “Hey, let’s get more retail WoW players into the Classic servers”.

1 Like

Oh great!
Push even more people into Classic servers while queues are crazy high already!

Hopefully the players decide to do this on the lower pop servers, but I can see more than a few retail players just inflating the issue more logging onto their old classic server that they have a lvl 61 on.

For those who are worried you don’t need to have a level 55 toon (this restriction only affects fresh start servers ONLY)

4 Likes

I mean sure I’ll do it…but it’s not like you need to push people to play the no doubt way overplayed FOTM class anyway…

Kudos though for at least giving an ingame reward for ingame activities and not just going down the cash shop route.

Should’ve gone cash shop, save the Classic players the grief of even longer queues. Then use the money to up the RAM and CPUs a bit on their AWS VMs.

Our article covering the Death Knights for Classic cover the restrictions for creating a new Death Knight. As long as you aren’t on a fresh start realm, you can create one without having an existing level 55 character.

Once the Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-expansion update arrives, you’ll be able to create and level Death Knight characters. Here’s how it works:

• Your first Death Knight created in any realm is free of restrictions (except for fresh start realms that will open with the pre-expansion patch).
  • Any Death Knights created after your first one must be on a different realm, and require an existing level 55 character on the same realm.
  • You may only have one Death Knight per realm.
11 Likes

Flying mounts can be used as ground mounts too. And if this was made a “dragonriding” dragon, then you’d only be able to use it during that one expansion.

Great mount! And since I already finished it, I can’t wait to get it when I get home!!

If you’re going to Classic JUST for this mount, do yourself a favor and pick an empty realm :slight_smile:

I just logged into my Classic DK and then back into my Retail account and that seem to do the trick. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do hope the servers are marked with fresh start and non fresh start

I’d of bought it from the cash shop.

Download Classic? Naw. I will NEVER download or play classic anything. I only have time for 1 version of the game, and that’s “retail”

Can someone tell me the restrictions? Do I need a lvl 50 toon on a Classic server? Or can I use a retail toon to confirm I’m an experienced player and therefore can make a DK?

Reading is hard apparently. Theres been a blue post about it.

No you don’t such restriction only applies to fresh start servers.

2 Likes

Do you guys have any idea to nerf DK and Paladin? They are too strong, too sick. You know what,a blue and green gear DK or Paladin can kick S4 gear rogues and mages back to graveyard when they want to do it. Do not try to teach me how to play PVP, every season i got to be 2200+. It is World of Warcraft,not World of Knight. Come on guys, it is time to fix it.

Are you saying “reading is hard” to me? Where did I miss this?

Jesus, candle lady still exists.

1 Like

It was just posted and reposted.

The DK start experience, once the initial hype wears out, won’t take very long. I’m planning to do it even in a group so we can just bum rush the objectives and nab tags amidst the swarm. It will not be fun. I will not enjoy it, but I’ll gladly take that +1 to mounts and not shell out actual money. Plus I like proto drakes over other dragon mounts.

Five posts above yours. Blue commented on it and someone else did before the blue.