1st weekend bg

just a quick question, WHY is the first bg something we cant do???

8 Likes

I don’t understand the question.

Edit: Oh I see, its Strand

2 Likes

the first weekend BG where you get extra honor, you cant enter, its a 71-80 BG

6 Likes

That’s just the way the cookie crumbles.

I’m sure the schedule is just programmed in a round robin method for automation. I doubt someone is specifically programming BG weekends.

3 Likes

I can set my Spotify to shuffle but I can always start it on any song I wish, easy fix

4 Likes

I doubt there is any “shuffle” mechanic coded in… because why would there be? It’s a set rotation that was likely programmed in months or maybe even years ago. But either way it was likely set well before they had any idea when the prepatch would be, and changing it now would mean changing every other date on the calendar, potentially conflict with previous dates and probably just be a lot more difficult than it’s worth.

So for 1 week we essentially don’t have a BG weekend. We’ll survive.

1 Like

Blizzard has never done this before, give them a break!

My dude, this exact same thing happened with the TBC prepatch. They should have had this fixed before it even happened.

5 Likes

blizz just lazy to fix a simple problem, indie studio guys we gotta remember :clown_face:

6 Likes

Nah, it needs to be fixed. We don’t need a player coming in trying to cover for Blizz mistakes. They are not an indie game company, this is a total failure and should be remedied.

3 Likes

it was also reported in the beta almost a month ago, so they can’t claim they didn’t know.

2 Likes

Again, its probably a pre-programmed rotation. And it’s really not the end of the world. Back in my day we didnt even have BG holidays.

It’s like if I decide I want today to be Sunday. Ok fine… but the days are on a rotation. If I make today Sunday then tomorrow is Monday and yesterday was Saturday. But then that means Saturday never really existed. And if I refer to yesterday as Thursday somewhere else based on the initial date, now my calculations are off…

When you’re working with code these things can have all sorts of weird consequences… so given the relatively minor impact it’s easier just to not have a “holiday” one weekend and leave it to the original rotation.

1 Like

So what? They already fixed this problem once.

This logic could be used to ignore any problem in the game.

3 Likes

Blue Brilliance ®

They’ve literally changed it manually before, they obviously know how to do it without breaking the game.

3 Likes

Did they? If so then they’ve already patched it and maybe they will again. When was that though?

They had the same issue in TBCC prepatch.

TBCC pre patch had this exact same scenario with EotS. They made it skip to the next week and that was that.

1 Like

And they changed the BG holiday schedule?

Yes they changed the bg weekend event to another BG.
Yet this time around we’ve had 2 resets an nothing has been done.

Cool then you can probably expect they’ll do it here too eventually