Return to WoW and Get Shadowlands Free!

Return to WoW and Get Shadowlands Free!

**Time is running out. Claim yours by September 5. --Don't own Shadowlands yet? For a limited time, claim your FREE copy of the Shadowlands Base Edition and a Level 50 Character Boost. Secure these gifts and step into the afterlife today!

View Full Article

23 Likes

Oh, brilliant. I know that people often find themselves wanting to play the final patch but not wanting the buy the full expansion right before it’s over and becomes part of the base game, so this is super cool for those interesting in Dragonflight.

28 Likes

nice, can everybody else get the free level 50 boost though?

61 Likes

With all the QoL changes, now is as good a time as any to jump right in.

6 Likes

this… is big good.

(until people started asking for 50 boosts because we are never happy)

18 Likes

Do I get a level 50 boost?

13 Likes

So my friends that just started getting into WoW and don’t have SL won’t be able to take advantage of this?

1 Like

so nothing at all for all the players that have been paying the monthly subscription and playing the game actively? thanks for nothing blizzard

37 Likes

So, wait until the end of Dragonflight and just get it for free?

Message received, thank you, Blue Poster.

17 Likes

This just feels like every mobile phone company offer that only applies to new customers, makes your existing customers feel bad for not getting the same offer.

15 Likes

So what do we get for being loyal customers throughout all of shadowlands?

34 Likes

This is incredibly weird.

3 Likes

I would like to know as well, we dealt with this crap expansion so and all the crap decisions. Blizz had a chance to reward everyone who stuck around with for all of it, but they pissed that win away.

Maybe everyone who stuck around through this horrible expansion should get a free level 60 boost.

9 Likes

If they are brand new, and never bought any expansion before, then no, they can’t take advantage of it.

This is not available to new customers. It is only available if the Battlenet account has purchased a WoW expansion before.

Yes, generally that is how it works. Blizzard has been rolling old expansions into the free base edition for years now. That is accessible with just the monthly sub.

10 Likes

Battle.net accounts without a previous expansion license attached on any of their WoW game accounts, or which already have Shadowlands on any of their game accounts, are NOT eligible to receive a free copy of Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Kinda silly imo.

8 Likes

wait didn’t yall get a boost when u bought shadowlands to begin with

5 Likes

Most did. I think they simply forgot that it is part of the Heroic or Epic SL purchase. I think there was also one for pre-purchase.

EDITED - I did a quick google search and the basic SL package did not have a boost.

6 Likes

So basically this is for older players that quit before SL.

Don’t let them reel you back in! At least wait until DF!

7 Likes

Funny how they think they can get all those players who have left and never returned back by giving this crap expansion for free. Especially when the many reasons they left in first place haven’t been addressed I am betting.

So, say little Billy was a player from Vanilla to Legion saw the direction the game was going and quit now why on Azeroth would they want to come back when the game is still the same.

Typical Blizzard not trying to retain current players yet wants that money back from those who are long gone.

16 Likes