Raid Tuning Coming July 5

As we previously mentioned, we’re working on a number of hotfixes to the most challenging bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones.

With the weekly reset in each region (July 5 here), we intend to apply the following hotfixes:

Anduin

• Anduin’s Hope and Anduin’s Doubt health reduced by 20% on Heroic and Normal difficulties.
  • Reduced the movement speed of Anduin’s Hope by 15% on Heroic and Normal difficulties.
  • Grim Fate reduced from 200% to 150% on Mythic difficulty.

Lords of Dread

• Boss Health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Swarm of Decay and Swarm of Darkness damage reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.

Rygelon

• Boss Health reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Damage of Dark Eruption reduced by 75% on Heroic difficulty.

The Jailer

• Health reduced by 15% on Heroic and Normal difficulties.
  • Health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Azerite Radiation increased from 3%/stack to 7%/stack.
  • Domination is now triggered on players with 3 stacks of Tyranny (was 2 stacks).
  • Decimator no longer includes knockback on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
  • Surging Azerite damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Surging Azerite heals Azeroth for 5% per tick (was 4%).
  • Rune of Damnation damage reduced by 15% on all difficulties.
  • Rune of Domination will be cast 3 times during Phase 2 on Mythic difficulty (was 4 casts).
  • Rune of Compulsion absorb reduced by 35% on Heroic difficulty.
  • Shattering Blast damage reduced by 20% on all difficulties.
  • Chains of Anguish damage reduced by 30% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Dominating Will absorb reduced by 15% on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
  • Chain Breaker damage reduced by 20% on Heroic difficulty.
6 Likes

That’s it? Literally only 150 guilds are going to get CE. Push S4 back 2 more months please.

8 Likes

Jailer is going to be a pushover when we get to him lol. Thank you for the rygelon nerf, we’ve been struggling cause 1 person messes up dark eruption. Utterly stupid to have 1 mechanic ruin the whole pull cause pug doesn’t get it and won’t speak up.

4 Likes

Dang, Jailer just got purple nurpled.

3 Likes

Haven’t these fights been nerfed enough?

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about! When I went to do this boss yesterday (your announcement motivated me to go get the aotc lol) I was thinking that the hp was really a lot.

I’m sure the other changes will help. In my mind, this one is the best.

Not really Anduin is probably the most overtuned/overdesigned boss in history on all difficulties. Couple this with the length and complexity of the fight has resulted in him being not worth killing. The problem with this fight has been that it was originally not a dps/gear problem but a pass/fail on unforgiving mechanics problem.

When you can go kill the first few bosses in the next difficulty up more easily AND get upgrades than compared to working on a mid raid boss something has gone wrong in raid tuning and design.

12 Likes

Wow cant wait to go get AOTC a second time this patch

Thanks for ruining mythic raids Blizz

2 Likes

It kind of makes me giggle that yesterday people were angrypants because they did not have very long to finish CE and now today different people are angrypants that there were nerfs.

20 Likes

It’s possible that they were angrypants because they wanted longer to defeat the boss at its current difficulty level. However, I have a feeling that most people would have preferred nerfs to more time. Though, I suppose that the ideal for many players is nerfs and more time. I wish I could read people’s mind - not because I want to know what they think, but to find out why they think what they think.

1 Like

Maybe, idk, it just struck me as funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the point of the achievement if this is how people get it? AOTC already exists.

The gap between HOF and AOTC needs more than CE if this is what happens. A world 200 guild should get a better achieve than the guilds killing it after these nerfs lol

3 Likes

I’m actually surprised there weren’t additional changes to Jailer for some of the mechanic overlaps and the damage of Martyrdom. But I guess they’ll give it two weeks and see if they need to make any further adjustments.

they waited for alliance hall of fame to fill

they absolutely gutted jailer

1 Like

What differentiates top raiders is that they can say they’re world top 10 and mean it. Other people can say it but they’d be filthy liars. :laughing:

Jailer went from a 500 pull boss to under 100 from over the course of this patch.

I’d like the end of expansion boss to be something I feel good about achieveing. These latest nerfs absoutely put him into the ground.

He was fine before this. A solid 300 pulls would do it. Oh well.

1 Like

Dark Eruption damage on Rygelon should be nerfed on all difficulties, not just heroic. This oneshot mechanic is so annoying and should not exist in first place.

Overall these nerfs are too little to let guilds that are currently stuck on Lords/Rygelon to get theirs CE in time. We need further nerfs or season 3 extension…

By acknowledging the lack of CE and implementing nerfs like these they’re admitting fault at some point along the line. Perhaps in raid design, perhaps in difficulty, perhaps in releasing S4 so early, likely a mix of all three.

The truth is you can nerf the raid almost as much as you’d like and it won’t make a difference. A lot of the top guilds raid for several more hours than your average end-of-tier CE guild. We’re on Anduin with pulls at 49% right now. We raid 2 nights a week for a total of 8 hours. We’re going to need reps on Ryg, on Lords, and on Jailer. The actual amount of time available in the next 5 weeks is arguably just not feasible.

From my standpoint as it is, I’d simply like an explanation. Blizzard, you understand you’ve done something ‘wrong’ by releasing S4 on Aug 2, as is made evident by these nerfs and the reasoning behind them. So explain to us, why release it on Aug 2? Is there some reason we don’t know, or haven’t quite grasped yet? I don’t understand what you’re losing out on by implementing transparency. Will everyone accept your answer? No. But plenty of people are already upset, do you think you’re going to be upsetting more people by telling us why you’re making this decision?

11 Likes

Glad I got AotC pre July 5 nerfs :slight_smile:

Although if I waited it may have been cheaper.

1 Like

It’s cool when stuff is rare.

1 Like