WoW Hotfixes - Updated October 21

The priest community has not received one response / any iteration on the priest tree/priest feedback thread moving into DF. Can ANYONE provide any sort of update here? Classes with talent trees that released after priest, by far, have gotten more responses. As a priest player since 2007, I am fearful that priest feedback will be ignored and I will lose interest in my favorite class.

The priest community has not received one response / any iteration on the priest tree/priest feedback thread moving into DF. Can ANYONE provide any sort of update here? Classes with talent trees that released after priest, by far, have gotten more responses. As a priest player since 2007, I am fearful that priest feedback will be ignored and I will lose interest in my favorite class.

Meanwhile the druids who came out first together with the dks: “it’s fine”

and then there’s DH…

You guys are not out yet lol

Here’s today’s hotfixes to Lower and Upper Karazhan:

AUGUST 23, 2022

Dungeons and Raids

• Mythic+
    • Return to Karazhan: Lower
      • Developers’ note: We wanted to give players time to re-learn mechanics in returning dungeons before making large nerfs, however, Lower Karazhan continues to stand out as an outlier in difficulty so we are making larger changes to bring it in line with the difficulty of the other dungeons in Season 4.
      • Several Skeletal Ushers are taking a break from protecting the Opera Hall.
      • Several Skeletal Ushers have relocated to account for their partners taking a break.
      • Arcane Warden and Skeletal Usher now contribute more credit to Enemy Forces.
      • Spectral Valet’s Demoralizing Shout cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
      • Coldmist Widow’s Caustic Venom damage over time damage reduced by 50%.
      • Phantom Guardsman will no longer cast Shield Smash.
      • Ghostly Chef will no longer cast Cleave.
      • Ghostly Baker will no longer cast Rolling Pin.
      • The following abilities will no longer be cast on a nearby target if their current target is out of range:
        • Forlorn Spirit’s Shadow Rend
        • Ghostly Chef’s Roast
      • The Opera Hall: Westfall Story
        • Gang Ruffian’s Poisonous Shank initial damage reduced by 20%.
        • Gang Ruffians and Shoreline Tidespeakers will no longer trigger Storming or Explosives after being defeated.
        • Toe Knee’s Dashing Flame Gale initial damage and damage over time reduced by 30%.
        • Mrrgria’s Thunder Ritual damage reduced by 30%.
      • Moroes
        • Garrote damage reduced by 15%.
        • Garrote will now correctly display its duration.
      • Attumen the Huntsman
        • Mounted Strike will no longer be cast on a nearby target if his current target is out of range.
        • Resolved an issue where Attumen the Huntsman would resume casting Intangible Presence.
      • Maiden of Virtue
        • Sacred Ground damage reduced by 20%.
        • Holy Bulwark absorb reduced by 15%.
    • Return to Karazhan: Upper
      • The following abilities will no longer be cast on a nearby target if their current target is out of range:
        • Forlorn Spirit’s Shadow Rend
        • Rat’s Poison Fang
      • Resolved an issue that would cause Chess pieces to regenerate health while in combat.
      • The Curator
        • Power Discharge’s visual effect now more correctly reflects where it will impact.
7 Likes

Huge nerfs. Thank you. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

yay! agreed! nice nerfs! :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Big thank you. I won’t be as inclined to avoid this dungeon as much!

Ty. It’s like getting an extra dungeon now since mostly everyone had this one blacklisted

sounds good. i thought upper was fine but lower was on my “do not pug” list

As a Retribution Paladin, I’d like to thank you on behalf of my brothers and sisters of the light for this change.

Sincerely,

Legend of the Alliance

I didn’t see it listed, but did Junkyard trash % get nerfed at some point? I ran an 11 yesterday and it felt like I hadn’t cleared enough trash but when I looked at the counter we were good.

The real hotfix news: The three ‘ghost’ auctions of Progenitor Essentia preventing purchases of it are gone.

FINALLY.

But yes, the nerfs to both wings of Kara are good too.

Here are today’s hotfixes in Shadowlands:

AUGUST 24, 2022

Classes

• Mage
    • Arcane
      • Fixed an issue causing Touch of the Magi to do less damage than intended in Fated raids.
  • Monk
    • Fixed an issue causing Bonedust Brew (Necrolord Ability) to do less damage than intended in Fated raids.

Dungeons and Raids

• Mythic+
    • Return to Karazhan: Lower
      • Phantom Guests no longer have a random set of abilities.
      • Ghost Trap cooldown reduced to 60 seconds (was 90 seconds).
      • Resolved an issue that could cause tanks to lose threat after being hit by the Storming affix.
      • Maiden of Virtue
        • Resolved an issue that could unfairly kill non-tank players after Mass Repentance is cast.
    • Tazavesh: Streets of Wonder
      • Cartel Wiseguy’s Lightshard Retreat will no longer cause tanks to lose threat.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to earn Vicious Saddles.
  • The achievement Mythic: Fates of the Shadowlands Raids now correctly awards raid teleports to the character that earned it.
2 Likes

huh what were they doing? and also can we PLEASE have tyrant walk through divide, like my imps at some point. on sozami

Today we adjusted the Fated Power, Creation Spark:

AUGUST 25, 2022

Dungeons and Raids

• Fated Raids
    • Fated Powers
      • Creation Spark’s raid wide damage-over-time effect reduced by 30%.
        • Developers’ note: This change should reduce the negative impact of missing a Creation Spark impact location.
      • Initial stacks of Creation Spark reduced to 2 (was 3).
      • Number of Creation Spark impact locations reduced to 2 (was 3).
1 Like

Hello! Here are today’s hotfixes for Shadowlands:

AUGUST 26, 2022

Dungeons and Raids

• Fated Raids
    • Reduced the minimum Item Level to queue for all Fated Raid Finder wings to 230 (was 240).
      • Developers’ note: This restriction was too punishing given Fated LFR’s importance in providing new and returning players with an intermediary step to engage in Season 4’s endgame activities. We believe the power increases afforded from the Fated Powers themselves more than make up for this item level gap, so groups shouldn’t have a vastly more difficult time completing encounters.

Items and Rewards

• Reduced the damage increase on Jeweled Signet of Malendrus by 74%.
    • Developers’ note: The spell effect changes made to Jeweled Signet of Malendrus for the release of Legion Timewalking inadvertently also caused it to increase the damage of abilities that scale with weapon damage. In some cases, the overall power gains were far beyond what was intended. This hotfix retains the current functionality but adjusts the tuning accordingly.
  • Fixed an issue where a Cosmic or Sacred Creation Impetus could be used directly on Fated tier modules from Sepulcher of the First Ones; the Fated tier armor created by the modules can still be upgraded.
2 Likes

The 298 version is still BIS ring for Feral with these nerfs (spec who gained the most benefit, due to fast cat autos) and still a several hundred DPS gain. Yet, its unobtainable on US right now, but obtainable on EU.

Consider opening up Legion Timewalking twice per season if you’re going to do this. Ideally the next round sooner than later. Or some way to access the ring.

Slightly frustrating we can’t obtain in this region, while EU players have been farming them. I think its good Feral has literally anything that helps make us more viable, and don’t want that taken away from EU Cats. But, this spec is sucking in M+, and now even doing very poorly in Fated raid statistics - the one form of content PVE we sort of had going for us (raids), now we are basically bottom 3~ on 90 percentile statistics for every raid this season.

Ring was a gift from god, even just using 272 the last day felt like the spec was finally ok-ish in M+ (but still average) for the first time in a long time. Would like to obtain the 298 one.

1 Like

Why has Iron Docks not been nerfed further?

Nerf the wolves on Oshir. Add like 2-3 minutes to the timer. This dungeon is unreasonable.