Ok... I admit it... Lower Kara is Drastically Overtuned

I ran two +13 Lower Keys… 281i DH Tank and DPS.

First the amount of trash you need to clear seems too high. Especially with fortified. Our DPS was in the 10k to 13k area and as a tank I was pulling 8k… Still it felt like we were killing a ton of trash for little %.

Second is the trash itself. Every pack has several mobs with severely punishing abilities and spells that need to be kicked, stunned, feared ect. I have been working my way through +13-14 getting to 15s and I dont have any issues tanking them. Yet in lower, there are mobs that are just trucking me. On the ushers, I have to have mitigation up just to survive if both cast punch card on me. Flashlight is fine, but punch card? Thing hits like a truck. But there are several mobs in there that just decimate people. The trash into huntsman? Hits so hard. And again, you need to clear soooo much of it.

Third… Opera…This event is way over tuned. Boss health is super high even on fort week. Between last week and this week, its just an oppressive amount of stuff going on, and you add in storming/explosive and there is just stuff everywhere. Which could be manageable, if things werent just annihilating everyone. The other bosses felt fine for the most part.

With a group of 280-288i people, a +13 shouldnt feel as difficult as Lower Kara did. Im sure the DPS could have been better. With 1 wipe on Opera, and moving at a steady pace with two or 3 deaths and no other wipes, we still ran out of time at Huntsman’s room. Not on Huntsman. Just getting to the room.

4 Likes

Welcome to the club. The secret handshake is a facepalm

5 Likes

+19 Moroes today… 26k hps. Yeah the fight was a little hard and the nerfs today are okay with me!

1 Like

Just timed a full +20 pug and had zero wipes. People need to respect the mechanics and interrupt casts.

The +20 only required 9.9k from the healer and 8.7k from me as passive tank heals/absorbs.

1 Like
5 Likes

Glad your group helped you. Mine did not and it was terrible

1 Like

Is that a tuning issue or a group issue then?

1 Like

Who knows. It was kind of fun to heal but stressful.

Also don’t think we had any1 to get rid of bleeds so that didn’t help

Some level of stress and anxiety is a good thing :stuck_out_tongue:

A quick look at both groups shows pretty clearly what the difference was.

They just posted a hotfix and I suggest you people go read it.

It was already posted to this thread.

doing a 17 this week compared to last week felt like a cakewalk.

1 Like

I’ll try lower Kara after the nerfs. Hardest part has been the opera boss and opera hall

still after nerfs?

Its surprising that this kind of incorrect tuning could still occur after all the years of making m+.

Got spanked in that dungeon huh, Bigspanky… :+1:

Timed a 16 lower yesterday, after the nerfs it’s not nearly as bad. Although the trash still doesn’t count for much % the actual dmg going out felt fair.

Kill opera - Wipe - Go left and kill the other bosses. It’s infinitely faster than going the other way.

Face the horses into a corner or wall, interrupt trampoline or whatever it’s called. If they’re just clapping the tank it’s not nearly as bad.

Demo shout, shadow regeneration, Oath, shadow bolt volley. Kick those. Probably some others I’m missing, but those are super important (oath can be purged so slightly less, but still needs to be kicked).

We usually go Opera, wipe, pull all the trash before Moroes in 2 pulls, Kill Moroes, pull the right pack and entry way mob, go down and kill a bunch of horses in 3-4 pulls, go up the stairs and clear the room in 3 pulls, clear the hall to maiden in 2 pulls, then kill maiden. You pull a couple infiltrators out of the rooms before maiden and a few other things for %. Chested it with 30 something deaths.

The timer is actually not bad if you run an okay route, some of the mobs are awful if you miss an interrupt though.

This is similar to the strat we have been using and yes, it works.