Shadowlands: A Look at Cross-Faction Instances

Shadowlands: A Look at Cross-Faction Instances

Group up with members of the opposing faction in the Shadowlands 9.2.5 content update.

View Full Article

9 Likes

Which is when??

When they say it’s ready

2 Likes

When do they say?

Cross–faction guilds please too

45 Likes

Why is LFD and Raid finder not cross faction tho? What reasoning could there possibly even be for this?

I mean remove LFR please, but this is still dumb

25 Likes

I personally would prefer it if you could just make ALL legacy dungeons cross-faction. Not to be rude, but like… figure it out. I’m particularly disappointed that Battle of Dazar’alor will not be cross-faction (I understand Blizzards reasoning why I just don’t accept it) because I know that that is one that my friends and I would like to do together cross-faction.

But hey, it’s a start! Looking forward to cross faction content. I just wish there weren’t exclusions.

11 Likes

Looking forward to dungeon diving with my gnomies

22 Likes
1 Like

Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

What is the point of adding this part: “The functionality of the cross-faction instance feature will also apply to legacy instances and is available at all levels.”, if it really doesn’t because you can’t queue into them with the dungeon finder?

16 Likes

i don’t see why they don’t just have the instance lock to whatever faction the group’s leader is. wouldn’t make sense lorewise i guess but who cares at this point

9 Likes

Please just make guilds cross-faction too.

36 Likes

This is great, but still…

Guilds will remain single-faction

It almost may a well not exist without this for many of us. :\God I want to go back to maining Alliance so bad, but… I’m not going to leave my guild, my officer responsibilities, and my ability to contribute to guild clears/achievements.

27 Likes

Or something. I am almost positive in the case of Dazar’alor it has to do with the part where you swap to the opposite faction for narrative purposes. Just do the Mercenary Mode treatment on whoever isn’t the same faction as the group leader or something. :man_shrugging:

I’m hoping that over time it will improve but it is a great start, and it’s happening a lot sooner than I expected, which is GREAT!

6 Likes

I was about to say the same. I mean if it were current expansion…

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

The communities accepting cross-faction members from all servers is absolutely amazing, but I kindly request that you eventually allow cross-faction guilds too. But otherwise this is going to be a great help for M+ and raiding groups looking for more members :heart_eyes: :partying_face:

10 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand why they don’t add a check box to the queue system “allow recruitment across both factions”.

11 Likes

Just so you know you can join as many communities as you want while still being in a guild. So your guild can also have a community up and invite for group content members of the opposing faction that are in the community :v:

2 Likes

Yes, but I can’t be an officer in my guild if I’m on a different faction. I can’t help manage and contribute to the guild bank (I’m currently responsible for contributing to feasts and flask cauldrons) or discuss matters in ochat. My presence also wouldn’t count toward clears being guild runs for achievement and guild quest purposes.

6 Likes