Shadowlands: A Look at Cross-Faction Instances

You’re right on that. It does hinder things with management a bit and definitely with guild achievements :<

I think it’s frustrating that guilds are such a major place people want this implemented but Blizz has been refusing it. Communities are good, but the fact is guilds are still extremely important as a core social system.

17 Likes

I am really excited about this! Thank you, Blizzard!

2 Likes

there is another post that redirects to this one, in that post they announced that its 31 may (next week)

Because you can still do legacy instances at all levels while cross-faction. They wanted to make sure that was known. And now it is.

2 Likes

I predict a 10.0 cross-faction guild capability.

6 Likes

It’s clearly a tech issue. I’m fine with waiting for it.

2 Likes

That’s one of the coolest things being implemented to wow in a very long time, I am looking forward to play with my discord and twitter friends who are from the other faction :smiley:

2 Likes

That would be really nice, but even still, I would prefer they make a statement clearly indicating it is planned or on the table. It’s not good keeping us in the dark even if its a far off goal.

1 Like

:placard: cross-faction guilds! :placard:
:placard: cross-faction guilds! :placard:

21 Likes

The faction only check box just hurts the alliance players. That feature does not need to be there.

4 Likes

X-Faction Guilds actually exist and are working right now on the PTR, so Blizzard is going to have to actively do work, so as to deny players of what they truly want. True to form for them I suppose.

8 Likes

Now how is the game lore going to support this change? can we get a mini-story line quest to support the truce between the Horde and Alliance?

The fourth war ended large scale hostilities for the time being, and even in vanilla we’ve seen examples of groups working across faction racial lines. I think it works fine to say that adventurers can choose who they adventure with themselves these days. I think there’s more justification needed to continue the gameplay divide personally.

5 Likes

Will cross-faction mythic raiding be available at the start of every tier? I assume that cross-faction mythic raiding will be limited at raid launch to characters of both factions on the same realm but that’s not specifically called out in the notes. Can you confirm so we can start planning for the future?

1 Like

Please please allow cross faction guilds, it’s going to be brutal on alliance guilds specifically until this happens.

9 Likes

Counterpoint: Just don’t play those raids, and then they devs can work on new stuff.

Guess me and my Alliance buddy will have to stick to running old content for transmog since he’s a casual player and we can’t do his level of content together.

Which is a shame, because timewalking and leveling dungeons feel like the perfect place for cross faction.

7 Likes

Well. That’s reasonable. However, in the lottery you gotta play to win, and the same applies for collectibles in those old raids. The Dazar’alor raid in particular has nice weapons, troll-themed armor sets, and that shiny water elemental mount I want. I am hoping in DF that I will be able to solo it, but in the meanwhile we will be able to run those more difficult legacy raids together cross-faction anyway.

They accidentally did on the PTR, but undid it shortly after.