Snucked in a nerf?

My Azinite pieces you to give me 988 Equipoise now today it’s 330 what is going on it is not even on the notes or anything

14 Likes

Snucked

This is my new favorite word.

40 Likes

Hahahahahahaha

40 Likes

This is for my mage should have mention that.

what even is this?

14 Likes

A buff you get from the armor selected trait

Big thumbs up for “Snucked”. That’s the new word of the day!!!:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum:

For anyone who isn’t familiar with it: “Equipoise” is an arcane mage azerite trait. Until this morning it was the Best-in-Slot trait for arcane mages by a wide margin.

Today, it sounds like Blizzard stealth-nerfed Equipoise by reverting the 200% buff the azerite trait received last patch cycle. Result is Equipoise instantly went from “Best in Slot” to “Worst in Slot”. Literally every other trait is better.

Hope you arcane mages have some alternate azerite gear to swap in. It’s time to discard all the gear you painstakingly gathered with Equipoise on it. That stuff is now complete and utter garbage.

I hate the Azerite system and how Blizzard constantly applies gigantic buffs and nerfs making the gear you just spent weeks or months gathering completely useless.

40 Likes

the shadow nerf discoveries BEGIN :smiley:

4 Likes

omg really smh…

we should get a free reforge

Everybody check your gear…

1 Like

Dont trust sims right now or for the next week

Gonna have to dust off the training dummy and put in some time

1 Like

yep everyone should check their gear.

1 Like

They fixed a lot of bugs… more so in regard to azerite traits providing more of a benefit than they were supposed too.

Warlock pets for example were benefiting from haste gains on the caster by twice the amount. Which is why warlocks dominated all parses recently.

was Equipoise one of them does it say that or was it generalized? If so that is dumb just to cover up them trying to switch stuff up.

You are going to have to read through it sadly. I didn’t notice anything that grabbed my attention on that particular talent.

No mention in there of any changes to Equipoise. Basically, they stealth-nerfed it to 1/3 of its previous effectiveness.

3 Likes

Gear should never be nerfed or buffed. That is, with proper testing!

Sometimes it feels like Blizzard throws nerfs/buffs against the wall to see what might stick.

5 Likes

If it was overperforming they merely tuned it. And it somehow missed making the official notes… what a shock!

1 Like

Yeah you gotta watch out for that.

They nerfed Barrage by 75% last patch, and it never made it to patch notes.

We had to dig up an old ptr change they did, that they decided to just keep in the game and not tell anyone about.

*update

Found my old post on it

That was the last reference to it, the change went into live and was never on any official patch notes.