Druids in Flight form disconnecting [Need more info]

Well, I for one have no clue as to what’s the real cause of this because the only common denominator in my disconnects is being a druid in flight form while in a Legion zone. In combat, out of combat, picking herbs, doing nothing, taking off or just going straight. It just feels like anytime I take flight as a druid while here in Suramar, I’m bracing for a random disconnect at any given time.

Can’t help but feel I picked a baaaad time to go back on my druid to try and do the Balance of Power stuff. XD

This is exactly the issue I"m getting on my druid now. Using space to ascend and X to descend while in flight form and in the legion zones causes me to disconnect.

1 Like

I’ve still been (trying to) work on my druid and decided to put what you said to the test. I first flew around for several minutes using my mouse to go up and down and not Space or X. No disconnect. Flew around for the same amount of time while liberally using both … aaaand sure enough, DCed within 33 seconds. Seems like THAT’s the real culprit, not being in combat, having a bodyguard out, or having aggro while in flight.

1 Like

So far for me, every single disconnect has happened while in flight form and either (1) moving from “outside” to “inside” or (2) interacting with clickable objects. Although, based on other posts, it’s possible I was also using [space] or [X] to position myself vertically while doing those things. I’ll test it out and report back.

I’d gone back to finish the Druid Class Hall on an alt and this issue - combined with the bug that scales mobs to 60 on some of the required mount chain quests (thanks to the return of the Mage Tower) - has made it a bit frustrating.

As many others have stated, I’ve been having issues with my Night Elf Druid in flight form. I even tried reverting to recommended formatting in the settings panel, including reducing my frames per second rating. I always disconnect if holding the spacebar to ascend or x to descend while doing Leigon emissary missions. Flying forward or backward is no problem. It’s only when ascending or descending that I get disconnected, Dalaran is not effected but all other leigon zones are. I don’t know what other servers it’s an issue on, but it’s affecting me on server Feathermoon. (USA based Roleplay server.) Thursday, April 28, 2022 9:25 PM

1 Like

Didn’t even think to mention what server I was on, honestly. I, too, am on a US RP server while experiencing this issue (Wyrmrest, Horde-side).

1 Like

Also having this issue! Dalaran server, alliance, druid in flight form, currently at Thundertotem, Broken Isles. I have 0 addons, and never have used them. No DC issues at all across dozens of other characters.

After probably 20 DCs of trail I’ve narrowed it down. All I have to do is press the space bar for about a second, to fly upward, and I immediately DC. Don’t have to be under attack. I’m currently in midair, as that is when I DCed previously, so I’m there when I login. I get ingame, press the spacebar, hold about a second, and BAM - Disconnected from server.

On a side note, let me say, I first started playing this character again after not using him for over a year. (Playing him to finish class hall mount quest). After I’d logged in on him the first time and spent, oh, 5 minutes to rearrange his skill bars, changing the chat window locations, and changing the keybind settings, only to DC randomly (as I didn’t know the exact cause at the time) and log back in, I found all my changes had reverted to their previous settings. Let me tell you, this was a BLAST after the forth or fifth time I had to re-re-change my settings I’d just finished fixing a minute ago…

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also have Thisalee Crow as an active bodyguard **
Edit 2 hours later: Now that I’ve adapted to never using space or X, I’m DCing randomly in flight. Lasted for a good while with not a single DC when not using space. Now it’s a DC every minute or so while flying. Seems it’s while strafing with the A or D key, (not rotating camera key, the move to the side key). Need to test it more. So annoying, but at least I don’t have to reassign my keys and settings every time >.<.

Responding as a druid that found this post via googling my error. Startng today, Every single time I switch to druid form and start to fly, I am disconnecting. Its becoming infuriating.

Im currently on the broken isles trying to finish the last few requirements for unlocking my archdruid flight form.

Ive never had this problem until today.

No combat, no herb collection. Just activate travel flight form, space bar off the ground, instant disconnect.

Only thing Ive done different today is I have a guardian from my class hall active at the moment.

I intermingle flight between wasd and mouse control. This is not a new habit.

Im wondering if having Thisalee Crow as my companion is causing the issue because of her weird travel form boost.

At present. I have removed Thisalee Crow as my guardian and Im back on the broken Isle. Taking off the past few times has not instantly disconnected me so far. I will respond further here if it persists again.

I don’t now if this has been addressed already, but to add to this, it also happens when i’m in the explorer copter vehicle, the one that can carry a passenger.

Definitely going to try disabling Thisalee when I’m next back at my order hall, but in the event that that doesn’t work for everyone, going to share a few tips for those still stuck with this problem until Blizz sorts it out:

• Only use your mouse to change elevation (aka, flying straight up or straight down as needed). While disorienting as hell to try and see where you’re going, it’ll prevent you from getting DCed.

• Don’t use space to take off from the ground. Where possible, fly off of raised surfaces (like rocks and other tall terrain) or off of cliffs/buildings to get airborne.

• If NONE of these are options, there’s a risky work-around that works the vast majority of the time, if your timing is good–in any other form, jump in the air and while STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE JUMP, activate flight form. From there you can just pivot your camera flew and fly straight up to take off the rest of the way.

Hope this helps, until Blizz can get its act together. GL, fellow druids!

I thankfully hadn’t had this in awhile, but it occurred for me just now. I was tending my farm in Pandaria. I don’t recall if I activated Flight form or clicked first, but I flew straight up with the tangled vines and dced about a second after ascending by holding down space bar.

I was not being attacked and there was no bodyguard or follower about.

I had two tangle seeds so after rebooting I paid attention and went to flight form - clicked - space bar up and did not dc this time. I’ll pay attention next time I get tangle seeds and post if needed.

For the record, on Wyrmrest Accord in War mode.

Edit: I had three tangled seeds today and did the following:

1. Flight form - interact - space bar up
  2. Interact - flight form - space bar up
  3. Flight form + interact at same time - space bar up

Nothing dced me so there’s that I guess. I did have Warmode off for this test and it was on prior. I forgot I was in WM when I posted last.

Can confirm that even with doing everything outlined in the most recent blue post, this is still happening. On my druid in Legion areas, grabbing herbs, and when combat is initiated by mobs, and I try to fly up, I have been disconnected 3 times in a row. I will submit bug in game right meow, but wanted to confirm that it is still an issue. P.S. Please make Goblin Monks playable. Time is money, friends.

I too am having the same issue with the same details on my druid.

Update

I am still having this issue.
It is consistently happening in flight form when ascending (space bar) in combat and being struck from behind.
This issue continues and I have done a complete computer wipe and reinstall of everything fresh.
I can herb while in my lumber extractor without this issue.

Hello, I am having the same issue, however I don’t have to be in combat or preforming any kind of action. It is only happening in Legion zones. I can’t remember every incident, but today I way ascending and as soon as I hit the space bar I would disconnect. I currently have the Legion druid mount form as my flight form.

Good point! Every time I have dced I too have been in legion flight form.

Has happened to me twice in the last week, both times while interacting with objects and hitting space bar to fly up after. Once in Pandaria and once in Zerith Mortis.

Same bug here. Will disconnect if in flight form and ascend straight up with the spacebar key. Legion zones but may be others, I think I had it happen in Zereth Mortis too. Will check when I can and report back.

I have 2 druids, and it’s happened on both. One with the Legion owl form, the other a Kul Tiran with their normal flight form. It’s happened in Legion and Shadowlands, with or without interacting, and with and without a follower ‘equipped’ (owl has a follower, crow doesn’t, both have dc’d in both expac zones). It’s also happened right after logging back in, so definitely didnt interact with anything because I was in the sky.

Getting this same issue.