Druids in Flight form disconnecting [Need more info]

I’ve noticed a strange bug that when I pick herbs in druid flight form, if I get hit by an enemy the moment I finish picking the herb, I’ll be disconnected from the server. I thought that this was just an isolated incident or a server issue, but it happened twice in a row, and has been happening infrequently over the past couple days.

4 Likes

I disconnected three times this morning on my druid in flight form while collecting herbs in Revendreth. It frequently occurred while flying up quickly immediately after picking the herb. I may have been in combat during those times, but I will have to pay attention to future occurrences.

Hi there friends,

Looking at this it may be best on the Bug report forums. I can direct there if needed but think gathering some information could help.

Do you both use addons? If so , what addons do you use? Sometimes a shared addon can cause issues like this and ruling out that first before reporting as a bug would be ideal.

Last, just to verify, this is only happening on Druids when in flight form?

/Nathardrick

I have the same issue, but its in the Legion zones. Mobs don’t even have to hit me ill just disconnect if I try to descend while in flight form. No issues gathering anything, its purely me trying to descend while in flight form. If I go any other direction, I won’t get disconnected. Been working with other GMs on this but no resolution as of yet. I’ve tried disabling addons, clearing my cache/interface/wtf folders, dropping my graphics, updated drivers, even went to the same zones on my hunter/warlock. It is just druids in flight form as far as I can see

4 Likes

Thanks Halahne,

I am going to update this threads name to gather more information. I want to see how many Druids in flight form are having disconnect issues.

/Nathardrick

Figured out my issue. If I hold down X (Default descend key), I will disconnect (Druid flight form specific). If I hold down both mouse buttons to move downward, I will not disconnect. With all addons disabled, the disconnect will happen if I hold space to ascend.
EDIT: Retested, seems like using ascend or descend is the issue, not addon related. If I hold JUST space bar, I will disconnect. If I hold both spacebar and E (for example) to go up-right, I will stay connected for a little longer but will get disconnected. Seems like the current work around is to use your mouse to move vertically for now (been testing, haven’t been kicked as of yet).
EDIT 2: Tried mounting on a flyer, no longer disconnecting when moving vertically. Definitely a druid flight form specific problem. Personally, I have no glyph for my flight form so I think we can rule out a glyph bug. Also think it might be corrupting my addons when I do get disconnected

4 Likes

Rapidly flying up in druid flight form in combat while collecting herbs is the only combination that causes the the disconnect issue for me so far. Sky golem with aggro operates normally. Flying forward with navigation keys on the keyboard (not ascending rapidly with space bar) as Halahne mentioned does not cause the disconnect for me. However, I personally do not have the issue in combat ascending or descending, just when I’m picking the herbs.

Additionally, the bug where you log into the game while flying in flight form and fall to your death is back, possibly related to this problem. I can make a bug report for both of these issues.

I use several addons but recently did a UI reset. I can try again, but it didn’t seem like this issue was caused by addons. (Altoholic, astral keys, battle pet breed ID, big debuffs, can i mog it, covenant mission helper, datastore, DBM, details, handynotes, no talking heads, paste, pawn, pet tracker, rarity, rematch, soulshape journal, tomtom, venture plan, weak auras)

There is also the issue of when you get disconnected in Flight Form, in ZM, you are reconnected in Travel form (land) - my moose go splat

[copied over from Bug Report forum]

Same thing here – my druids in flight form kept getting disconnected; but only in Legion zones, and only when using the space-bar to go straight up, or the x-key to go straight down. If my druid was moving forwards and then moved up or down at the same time, no disconnects.

I disabled all add-ons, but still got disconnects.
I did the full UI reset, but still got the disconnects.
I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of all Warcraft and Blizzard apps, even did the new install on a different drive… but still got the disconnects.

Then I unassigned the Combat Ally bodyguard I had assigned to the druid.

No more disconnects! 

So it appears there is a bug when a druid has an active Combat Ally bodyguard assigned, is in flight form, and moves straight up, or straight down.

6 Likes

To clarify my initial post:

The bug is in line with what other people have reported. When I hold down space bar after picking an herb and get hit by an enemy when the cast finishes, I’m disconnected from the server. I’ve only experienced this in Shadowlands zones, but I haven’t used herbalism yet in any other zones these past few patches. Unlike Arkadii, I didn’t have a combat ally out, nor was I assigned a covenant ally at the time. This is still happening as of today, and I have also experienced the bug where you log out in flight form and log back in in ground travel form and fall to the ground.

3 Likes

I’ve got something to add, this just happened to me.

I was in Maldraxxus doing a quest and interacting with stuffs on the ground. I was attacked by enemies and hit space bar to fly up to reset aggro and got disconnected immediately. I got the error code WOW51900319

Commenting on the active Combat Ally bodyguard statement, I DID have one active. I had Guillotine out and was doing the quest Hands on Approach.

1 Like

I’ve experienced this as well on my druid. I think it was in Bastion while doing a world quest the last time it occurred. It was a click item quest (scrolls) & as I interacted with the item & quickly flew up I was disconnected. I was in combat, don’t recall if getting smacked at the time.

To be honest I just attributed it to the “elevation change” disconnect issue I’ve seen in WoW for years. It was almost always while falling, whether falling off a cliff, jumping down steps, or DH double jump & seemed fairly random when it would happen. I figured that was the major issue with the Fighter’s Hall disconnect during Legion.

Edit: As an example…an hour after I posted, I was flying from my mission table into the Night Fae’s main Sanctum structure. As the game force changed me from flight form to no form for being indoors and causing me to fall (a couple feet), I got disconnected. Done it a thousand times this expansion, most of the time no issue, but every once in a while…

1 Like

I am experiencing the druid disconnect. It happens for me when I shift out of travel(flight) form above the ground. I am moving forward at the time from momentum during the shift.

I have the habit of shifting into bear form above a mob out of flight form to charge them. However I now disconnect when I try this.

I am currently using the Lunarwing form as well as the glyph of the cheetah, (for the updated appearance).

I use a keypad and multi-button mouse. So elevation change is a thumb joystick or shapeshifting into another form and dropping at the same time. Combat status has not been an issue yet. I have had it in shadowlands zones as well as places like Orgrimmar.

Addons and UI changes/resets not the cure for me.

I also wonder why I am shifted out of flight form on logout/disconnect into cheetah/travel form. Could this be related? This dropping of the flying druid has happened in the past.

Is this still an thing, because I’m pretty sure I’m experiencing this annoyance. It’s mostly when I am gathering in flight form.

Hey there,

At this time the investigation is still underway to determine the cause so it is likely the issue is still happening. If you have not already done so, go ahead and use the submit bug form in game (From the support menu) to add to that investigation and follow this thread for any updates as we get them.

1 Like

Yep, still happening. Happens to me when I’m gathering mostly. Really annoying.

This is also happening to my druid while using flight form in Legion zones. Not in combat, with addons enabled, disabled, reload UI. I suffered several in a row every time I land and got straight up into the air using spacebar. I do have a order hall companion active while I quest.

I stopped using flight form and now just use a mount. No disconnects anymore. However, still sad I cannot use the flight form I grinded the order hall for.

I have not taken this druid to any other zones except Legion, so I am unable to report the issue taking place elsewhere.

1 Like

This happens to me several times a day (a month after this bug was initially reported). In the past hour, it happened to me I think 5 times. I have died from this - being attacked still during the disconnect.

It would really be great if this could get fixed.

Still having issues logging out flying in bird form and logging back in in moose form in midair, falling to my death. The change happens BEFORE I log out, I can see myself start to fall (in cow form) as soon as I hit log out. When I log in I am falling in Moose form.

1 Like

I have to wonder if it’s common on Druids due to the nature of our forms. It’s occurred to mine a few times this week and it appears there is a very real connection between elevating & getting hit by an enemy at the same time.

Do you suppose as we are getting hit & rising, the game checks to see if it would result in a daze/dismount and since we can’t be dismounted in flight form the game invokes: Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater, no escape for you (and poof, disconnect)?

Edit: Except we can be “dismounted” by Mawsworn Heralds.