12 Classes / 4 Covenants

So does having class abilities as talents ruin your immersion and fun as a casual? Again, everything else can remain.

1 Like

This is true, but also applies to classes and specs as well.

And has been going on for 16 straight years.

Not sure if that is your main Sonechka, but looking at your profile you do little to nothing on that character and looks like you wont be caring wtf matters in this game and will pick what looks pretty in terms of abilities as it wont pertain to your gameplay.

Others who do want to boost their character and push the limites of their abilities see this as a probelm. As many people stated before it will not affect casual players who dont do forms of content so they should not have a problem with changing it.

1 Like

Will Blizzard also have to move to the acceptance stage once subs plummet again after launch ? What about when people stop believing and stop coming back ?

At some point, they are going to run out of good will and WoW is just going to die. Some of us love the game and don’t want that, and that’s why we don’t want Blizzard to make the same mistake for the 3rd time now.

1 Like

Exactly. Why add more stress to balancing. I dont understand. Regular class balance is so hard for Blizz as it is. Why make it worse?

1 Like

Some people feel “balance” is relatively far down the list of what makes a game enjoyable.

See classic or the soon to come anticipated TBC.

Others do not.

Most are probably indifferent.

Who knows.

1 Like

‘No game, you adapt to me. I am the purveyor of fun, now. Not you.’

So cringe watching meta slaves in action.

Sounds like you’re the one who can’t adapt to the game. I can adapt just fine. Since all content in the game and all progression is math based, I make my choices math based.

There’s meta, where 1 spec is 2-3% above another, and then there’s Death’s Due, where that pick is 100% above others because of its design alone.

2 Likes

The whopping 80% of end game content will not be affected by this change. Most of the people it will affect are Pug Heroes and Meta Slaves, which sounds pretty great if you think about it.

I enjoy Classic and would be super excited for TBC but in my honest opinion, Vanilla/classic bring very unique class design and could have been balanced but it was more an all out war in vanilla balance wasnt super concerning.

TBC I though was fairly okay. PVP specific gear you could use in PVE but not very effectlively and vice versa minus warglaives in arena of course.

I think the earlier in the game we were the closer to balance we were and the last 3 xpacs have thrown balance completely out with the addition on 8 million different other systems to balance. In my opinion it just doesnt make sense.

1 Like

You know if they made it a talent row people would still complain, as well as one would be better and never looked at for the rest of the expansion. This way atleast they will look at them.

Everyone goes cookie cutter if they are trying to min max.

Well is it a balancing issue or not? You are being pretty inconsistent.

Making the abilities freely swappable does nothing to fix the balancing issues.

You can already choose which ever covenant you want. When you log in on October 27th its not gunna pop up and say “You’ve been assigned Kyrian”.

Any roadblocks you put up are related to your own meta mind set and balancing issues. Not to the fact they are tied to a specific covenant.

2 Likes

Most people are asking for the Covenants to be uncoupled with abilities.

Because we want to choose the Covenant we want. We don’t want math to pick the Covenant we need to have.

2 Likes

Classic WCL has already proved balance was…nonexistent.

TBC will have WCL this time around too so we can’t hide behind our memories and personal views.

It’s entertaining to see.

I really enjoy classic too, it’s fun. Has nothing to do with balance though.

1 Like

I can adapt even without a calculator. It sounds like you can’t adapt if your mathematics are wrong.

And when it gets nerfed, I’m sure you’re cries will join the other Death Knights chasing the trend.

You forgot to add 1 player in the title

You can already do that.

This is part of the meta slave mindset, which can be solved by either:

A.) Stop caring. Thats what I did.

Or

B.) Better balancing.

Which is something I, and blizzard, disagree with.

1 Like

I Pug mostly everything all types of content and it will affect most people who do pug which is quite a large number. Again I have this sub just trying to piece a warrior together before SL but is this your main because if you play this game, your profile is very lack luster to give any type of feedback on your opinion on what is game changing (no offense taken) but I havent played BFA at all after 1 or 2 weeks of corruption and still am on par with you in a matter of 2 weeks of logging in.

To me your opinions are completely invalid as it looks like you have less play time than me. Again no offense I just dont see how you can debate your side when it makes no sense.

1 Like

Actually sounds like you don’t adapt, you make others pad your inefficiencies or you stick to content so trivial, you can do it without wearing any gear at all, with no talents selected.

And when it doesn’t, because “we don’t want players to feel their choice needs to be reconsidered, so we’re keeping it like it is for now, we’ll revisit this in patch 9.1”, what will you say ? “It’s ok, it’s just 1 raid tier”.

No, if they nerf Death’s Due, I’ll open the champagne bottle. No one wants to willingly be Night Fae.

2 Likes

Oh right, just like how they looked at legiondaries, azerite traits, and corruptions, and tuned them properly so none of them felt like a bad choice?

We all know what’s going to happen. They won’t be balanced, Blizzard is going to spend the entire expansion trying to fix them, until they just let us freely swap between them in one of the later patches. And then they’ll repeat the process for the next expansion.