Introduce Yourself Here

Hi friends!

Encounter designer here, been working on the Dungeons & Raids team for roughly… 9 years now. I’ve been with Blizzard for about 14 years so we go way back! Previously, I started out in Customer Service and then went through a bunch of our games as Quality Assurance (Starcraft, then World of Warcraft, then Titan, then Diablo) before settling in on an Encounter Designer for World of Warcraft.

I’ve been playing WoW since vanilla, originally starting with an Undead Priest way back in the day. Nowadays, I’m playing a Mechagnome Hunter! I tend to swap classes every expansion or so.

I’m a constant forums-reader and hope to hear from (and talk to) everyone more!

22 Likes

Sinu a’manore!

I’m Bel, happy (and somewhat intimidated) to be here and meet everybody. I got into WoW because I was obsessed with the Warcraft RTS games. I first started out on US servers - my last home on that side of the ocean was Mok’Nathal and the character I’m using on this forum used to be my main for quite a while. I switched over to EU mid-Cata, because that’s where I’m actually located.

My primary in-game interests nowadays are collections (I’m especially interested in collecting crafting recipes) and goldmaking - I’m not a hardcore goblin, but I do know my way around the Auction House. I’m especially interested in ALL the in-game ships - not like Wranduin and stuff, but uhh… you know, naval vessels?

Looking forward to all the discussions and I’ll try my best to contribute (even though I’m still a little intimidated :sweat_smile:).

8 Likes

Hi,

I am Nightstalker, playing on Blackhand-EU since day one of the EU servers. Warcraft 3 and it’s TFT RPG-campaign as well as the experience with early 2000s open world RPGs (Gothic 1&2) brought me towards WoW in the first place. The large variety of gameplay and experiences with other players have kept me around ever since.

From BG premade groups and a MC guild grp in Vanilla I got into regular raiding in TBC and stuck to the raid group I got into during T6 progression until it disbanded in early BFA. We didn’t always clear the highest raid tier but it was good enough to serve my gear and parsing ambitions. After a brief stint in a pusher guild during EP and early Nya’lotha mythic I left on bad terms just to watch that guild disband anyway some time later. Ever since I have been pugging heroic and gotten some mythic kills later on.

Outside of raiding I’ve been doing rated PvP every now and then while the majority of my PvP experience is just rnd BGs for fun and AVs. Mythic plus has been a solid side activity for me since early Legion since I don’t have to fully commit to fotm to get the regular rewards (15-20) done.

When it comes to solo gameplay I have been dabbling in self imposed challenges for old content since early TBC when clearing vanilla 5mans as early and good as it gets. This turned into farming ZG and any other accessable raid instances from early Wrath on. Towards the end of Cataclysm I managed to get some World 1st solo kills (for warriors) in TBC and Wrath content and pushed protection warrior soloing to its absolute limits in MoP. Legacy scaling and class changes as well as more seasonal power bumps in WoD lessened my interest in this over time. I still check out the current soloing capabilities for the most recent xpac every now and then but no longer to push as far and early as it is possible.
This doesn’t mean that this kind of old content is dead to me. I still farm a ton of legacy content each week and will claim that I have a good overview on where pacing and acquisition works and where not.

Getting by in this game in just the aspect of gold has changed a lot for me over time. I left the early years of grinding behind me once I joined the AH junky ranks in mid Cataclysm. Ever since I’ve been raking in way more than I need while over time observing the rise of addon (ab)use leading towards the ruining of profit margins for the regular crafting markets.

Reflecting on my own experience as well as the overall changes in this game and it’s playerbase as well as their approach to it has been a thing since the days of Cataclysm. Never on a public level but still in many private conversations with other raid members or players with a similar mindset and experience.

Regarding “other players”: During the last few years I have been focussing on observing other players behaviour and approach to the game especially in the open world or rather outside of instanced/encounter situations. This became even more relevant since I joined the mentor chat in 9.0. Beyond advice through the chat alone I also have been directly guiding many new players over the last 1.5 years. There is a lot in this game that keeps them engaged and curious but also a lot that is very abrasive and unintuitive.

So there is a lot to talk about for me. Then again I’ve also spend a lot of time in this game.

Looking forward to giving feedback for productive conversations.

4 Likes

Hey y’all – I’m Shrike!

I recently joined Blizzard as a designer on the combat team. I’m new to working in the games industry, having most recently been in general aviation as a mechanical engineer. I started playing WoW in Legion prepatch and immediately dove into raiding. I’ve even been in the Hall of Fame once or twice, although I think those days are behind me now!

I’m a tank through-and-through, and have made a habit of class-hopping over the tiers as balance or utility needs have demanded – and sometimes just for fun! The bulk of my time’s been spent on brewmaster (and I have no shortage of sticky note diagrams to show for it), but my heart’s always been with my paladin.

My introduction to game design was through analysis as a player; I was drawn to analyzing my own gameplay, which quickly evolved into analyzing and explaining class and boss mechanics. I liked to write and think about some of the secondary effects of tank gameplay, and the less-visible ways your decisions impact your group’s success.

I’m really excited about getting to bring my perspective and ideas to WoW, and looking forward to collaborating with you all!

30 Likes

Hiya!

I’m Sunders (he/him). I’ve been at Blizzard for 9 years, starting my career in QA, and I’ve been on WoW for a little over 6. I’m currently a member of the combat design team, but I’ve had my hand in rewards and various progression systems over the years as well. As a player I enjoy raiding with friends, gathering transmog (especially weapons), and working on professions.

It’s great seeing all the excitement around here for Dragonflight, and I’m looking forward to the discussions as we move forward!

9 Likes

Hey Everyone,

I’m a rewards and profession designer fairly new to the WoW team, but have been working in game development for over 15 years now. I have also been playing World of Warcraft since vanilla and have enjoyed nearly every activity in the game at different times.

Since joining the team I have been heavily involved in the Professions revamp for Dragonflight and have been super excited to hear all your reactions and feedback for the system so far!

In the near future, I’m planning on posting more about professions to help fill in some additional details and hear your responses. The feature is in active development and all of your feedback is invaluable to making the feature the best possible experience for everyone!

15 Likes

Good day all,

I’ve played WoW since December 2004, through every expansion and content at all levels. These days I’m more of a casual person who especially enjoys M+ and helping new folks with the game. I primarily enjoy tanking these days, as I feel Prot Paladin is just about the perfect spec for either supporting newer players, or working with a group of more advanced ones.

In my time of playing, I have seen a lot of issues arise, get resolved, and then replaced with new issues. I have always wished I could provide a better level of feedback than I have in the past (quite glad the old Warlock forums aren’t around, teenage me had some angry messages about that Warlock talent revamp…), so I hope to live up to what past me would have wanted to do, albeit in a much more polite fashion.

I hope that those of you who may know me from my various community activities think this is a good position for me, and I am always happy to talk in game about ideas anyone may have.

I don’t like overly long intros, so that’s it!

7 Likes

Hello everyone! I started playing WoW at the end of Legion and quickly fell in love with the world of Azeroth and all its wonders. I dabble in M+ and rated PvP, but most of my time is with casual world content and WPvP. WPvP has always been a huge part of my server’s community, and one of my favorite parts of WoW, and I hope to be able to provide feedback that will help it thrive in Dragonflight!

I’m also a pretty avid roleplayer, and character customization and transmog have a big part in my enjoyment of the game. I love exploring the zones and finding little Easter eggs and secret nooks that the devs have hidden, in addition to scouting out good spots for roleplay and other server events.

I’m excited to have the opportunity to be a part of the Community Council, and I’m looking forward to working together with you all to help WoW be the best it can be!

4 Likes

Hey folks! Hope you’re all having a good one today :smiley:

I’m Schaelarche (Feel free to shorten that to Schae!). I’ve been playing the game since the tail end of TBC as a kid. I’m a casual player who enjoys world content, questing, casual raiding, achievement gathering, and roleplay. I led a roleplay guild and was pretty hardcore in the RP scene on MG for a few years, and since then have returned to casual play on a smaller server!

As a game developer myself I’m really interested in looking into how the game’s systems and areas of focus in end game are affecting the community in terms of culture, as well as how the game overall is played.
Given I’m on the more casual and RP side of things, I’d like to talk about the casual experience and how things can be better balanced between high end players and casual folks! I love the world (of Warcraft) as a space to explore, and have absolutely adored this game for just about my entire conscious existence as a human being.

Super excited to be here, I really look forward to talking with y’all!!

4 Likes

Hey there friends!

I´m Lythi, been playing WoW since early on in Vanilla a bit on and off until the end of WoD where i started playing fairly hardcore! By now, even if not all at the same time, i´ve tackled every part of the game at its highest level (apart from petbattles X) ) from high keys, CE raiding and high rated PvP!

Currently i spend most my time collecting transmog and learning new things in arena (like Mage and Rogue right now)!
In general i love talking about all things design and how it impacts players and am just looking forward to participate in conversation i can add a bit of my own perspective to!
Oh and of course there’s the esport side of things (especially the AWC), which i live and breathe!

Really no words for how excited i am to be here!
Looking forward to many interesting conversations.

4 Likes

Greeting!

I am Wumba from Zul’Jin, you’re newest community council member.

I’ve been playing wow since the beginning, and have played every expansion to date. Over the years I’ve had the pleasure of playing most classes in some capacity, but the classes I have the most experience on are Shaman, Priest, Monk and Warlock.

I dabble in casual PVP, but organized PVE has always been my passion. I’ve raided at all different levels over the years (LFR to Mythic) depending on how busy I am with school (and now work). I also take interest in Mythic+, casual play, collection, and the WoW story.

IRL, I am a professional UX Designer, so I also have a passion for usability and the WoW UI. I’ve spent hours and hours designing and re-designing my personal UI. Something I am very interested in is the new UI overhaul coming to Dragonflight, and I look forward to providing feedback when it comes to all things interface, usability and addons.

Looking forward to having some meaningful conversations and doing my part to help to build a healthy and positive community!

Cheers :hearts: :rainbow_flag: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Greetings!

I’m new here, great to meet you all. These days I’m more of a casual type of player, but did some “semi-hardcore” raiding in the past. I feel like I’m pretty good at understanding dedicated raiders and casual players and I usually provide useful discussion. Thanks for having me and I’ll try to be the best help possible.

-Arlec

7 Likes

Greetings to all of you!

Im Velissedra from ki´ljaeden US server, I’m from South America, I play since the end of TBC, in the past I was a raider but now I’m a casual player that loves m+ and I’m an achievement hunter.

My focus here in the council, is to talk about some of the problems about the new reporting system, some problems in LFG, and more topics to help our community.

Its awesome to be here, thanks a lot for the opportunity :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello all,

I’m Cleavis, Classic WoW enjoyer and player now for over 16 years. Recently I raided hardcore as main tank for ONSLAUGHT to world 3rd Molten Core, world 1st AQ40, and world 3rd Naxxramas progression clears during Classic WoW. I also helped develop the Onslaught Loot List loot system prior to the launch of Classic WoW. I have attended three Blizzcons and have been fortunate enough to pose Q&A questions to the WoW panel twice.

Nowadays I raid in TBCC much less hardcore than I used to. I believe the best way to play WoW is with good friends or, barring that, with good people who share your interests.

I hope to bring a Classic perspective to discussions here, especially regarding the fine line between respecting the past and making things better.

:beers:

4 Likes

Hello there,

I’m Mispeled from Classic Benediction, altoholic (8x 70s on Classic and 6x 60s on Retail). I’ve started playing WoW in original TBC and my main focus as been PvP with an healthy mix of PvE. I’m an Alliance at heart and a Draenei fanatic.

I’m a Software Engineer working in Game Development for the past 5 years outside of WoW and am looking forward to offering my perspective on the future of WoW.

My main focus will be on WoW Classic, especially on the PvP side of things, but may also provide my feedback on retail as well.

Archenon Poros my friends.
:saluting_face:

5 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’m Sammy (Samfoxy being one of my many names), and I’ve been playing WoW on and off for over 13 years now (over half of my life!).

WoW is by far the game that I’ve put the most hours in, and I’ve enjoyed being a collector in Retail a lot. Well, at least that was until Classic came out, which I instantly fell in love with and also invested countless of hours in. I’m currently mainly playing Season of Mastery and also TBC in preparation of WotLK.

I’m super excited to be part of this community, and hope I can help out in the discussions and provide valuable feedback/ideas.

:purple_heart:

4 Likes

Hello - I’m Warchief from Emerald Dream. I’ve been playing WoW since early 2005 and have had it as an integral part of my life growing up and still to this day. Throughout the years I’ve participated on arena realms, gotten cutting edge achievements, and spent many an hour hunting down niche collectables. Recently I’ve been playing Classic mostly for the slower, more methodical arenas, but am excited for Dragonflight and its take on character customization. On retail, I am most interested in classes and power systems, player agency, reward systems, and how in-game experiences are designed to be interacted with by players. In classic, I’m mostly interested in arena, part out of nostalgia and part out of the fact that even after 14 years of playing with the same arena partners, it’s still strikes a chord that no other game does. Looking forward to participating in the discussion.

4 Likes

Howdy all!

WaDa from Skeram/Faerlina here. As a long time veteran of wow, having played it since original vanilla and been a long time follower of Blizzard products.

I expect some of my views might not agree with some, I’ve been a multiboxer (no software now) since wotlk, raid leader since tbc, and will almost always lean towards a consumer-centric stance.

it is my hope that my time on the council can offer my insight and help guide Blizzard towards policy-making and planning that is in-line with what the majority of the community expects.

6 Likes

Hey everybody, Fp here

I actively play a mage (Fpe), hunter(Or), shaman(Ali) and paladin(Paladinfp) on Firemaw (EU) if you want to get in contact to talk classic stuff my doors are always open on any platform, you can also find me on mage classic discord if that’s more convenient.

As a classic council member I seek to provide meaningful feedback bridge platform for everyone and maybe we get to improve the experience of us classic andies going forward.

5 Likes

Hello friends!

My name is Alex Solomonson, I prefer and answer to Solo for short.
I’ve spent the majority of the time since classic came out playing it. In fact, almost every waking moment since Aug 26th, 2019, minus a few hours on some select holidays, I’ve been on classic. I just hit the 600-day mark in /played (in classic) on my main account. This was the main point on my application to joining the WoWCC. I have, by far, played this game more than anyone else in the world, hands down, at least until someone can provide any evidence to the contrary. That doesn’t really amount to anything other than a number, on an addon, I peak at every now and then, other than I spend almost all my time talking with people in game. I have become someone people come to for various reasons, whether it’s a rare pattern for a craft, or they need a raid put together, or need a specific class for a run they are hosting, or just need a friend. Whatever it is I do my best to help anyone seeking it in any way I can within reason. I heard about the WoWCC and thought I would be a great fit. I have been searching for some greater responsibility in the community I spend all my time in. During my years in classic, I have managed to Level 42 Lv. 70s over my 5 accounts. I even transfered them all to benediction to kromcrush when the server became unplayable. Roughly 5 of each class, going into wrath with the goal of having and maintaining 50 max level toons. Unfortunately, I may end up having to delete or transfer a few to make room for DKs. Which is the first thing I plan on talking about as a Council Member. I look forward to this adventure over the next year. If you want to discuss anything classic related or want to relay any opinions or thoughts about the game you can find me in game (/who solo on benediction most of them are me), on my stream or on the forums now. I’ll admit over the last 15 or so years playing this game I was never much of forum person, alas here I am.

Anyways thanks for reading about me, looking forward to talking with all of you.

~solo

4 Likes