"get ready for a Classic Summer!"

That’s fine if you feel that way…no need to troll the classic forums though. Feel free to go play those better games and let us classic enthusiasts be.

7 Likes

Nothing you said is objectively true lol…

It may be how you feel… and if that is the case, like others have said, why are you even here? No one wants to hear about you being butt hurt.

10 Likes

Is anything else releasing or updating of note this summer that they might want to create competition for, or increase interest in Wow to balance?

One thing that springs to mind is that ESO is releasing its much-anticipated Elsweyr expansion in early June. ESO players and those who enjoyed Skyrim have been asking for dragons in the game for years, and Elsweyr brings that into the game. It could very well drag a lot of people away from WoW over the summer.

Not sure if there are other competitive reasons for an immediate summer timing.

ESO is absolute trash. That game feels more like a single player game than anything else.

4 Likes

You all should be happy that Games Workshop isn’t in charge; classic summer for them would mean a release date was announced on the last day of summer… releasing in winter. (See ‘orktober’)

I just want to apologize to everyone in the Southern Hemisphere. My own words are really sticking in my craw there.

I’m sorry.

25 Likes

Happy winter WoW, Australians.

People in the Southern Hemisphere are still on the Wrath expansion.

14 Likes

If you sincerely feel that way, then get out of this forum and go play those other games. Leave those of us who will enjoy WoW: Classic to enjoy our game.

18 Likes

This one is my favorite.

3 Likes

You don’t have to apologize to the less important people at the bottom of the map.

3 Likes

The stars will align. High Noon during High Summer. Heat Wave. Breaker box about to fry from the combination A/C and computer load. Shades all closed against the harsh sun. The room glowing eerily from three monitors.

And then the server will go down for an hour right out of the gate and Blizzard will post “GOTCHA!” when it comes back up. It will just be like old times.

Everything is arranged, including negotiations with wife & family, summer camp, and the take-out meal plan (so I don’t have to cook for a few weeks). <— ok, maybe I’m exaggerating! Just a little.

-Matt

4 Likes

Actually thank you for stealing my cruel joke that “Summer 2019” begins in December in Australia, hedging my expectations of a northern-hemisphere August-at-the-latest Classic launch. :wink:

Its okay, the joke was fun while it lasted all the same. :smile:

You can make it up to us by confirming there will be at least one oceanic pvp server.

3 Likes

THIS is why the dev team dont tell us anything…we dissect every word to hell and back.

4 Likes

Onyxia flies about her lair counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere.

17 Likes

This is why public forums are really witch hunts in disguise.

2 Likes

Summer covers several months. So is January 2019 summer also? We missed the window!

1 Like

Dang, they are really well off if that’s true.