New 9.2 brawl is a solo queue testing zone

exactly what happens in every game with soloQ trash stay in trash (bronze or whatever) and the good players manage to climb by their own

Except this is a set of games. So if in the first 3v3 game, team 1 loses and one player leaves, then what happens to the rest of the games?

Does everyone else have to play a bunch of 2v3 games to finish the set?

Does a new player get added? If so, how do you calculate their score vs the rest?

Thank you. Another person see’s it for what it is.

1 Like

It is exactly about earning rating… Why do you think people play League or Valorant Ranked Solo Queue

2 Likes

I’m gonna be in that bish all day.

3v3, getting to face a variety of setups and being innovative/casual fun with a metric of success.

Don’t really get the negative sentiments its meant to be fun

Treating reg ladder seriously between double leggos, warriors at 15% rep and the potential of class set bonuses in PvP is pretty funny if you’re trying to treat that sacred

2 Likes

We’ve been enjoying the discussions around the upcoming Solo Shuffle feature announced in an interview earlier today. I wanted to stop by with an update that we’re hoping to have more to show on this feature next week, so be sure to keep your eyes on the news section of the website. :smile_cat:

23 Likes

Quick tie them up. Don’t let the blue leave.

28 Likes

I feel like they will have a system like other games that have solo queue where you have extremely harsh leaving penalties with a message before you queue each game “You are agreeing to play 30 minutes and not leave” when you press queue.

Its not exactly the same as Skirms but its very very similar and really they can create the entire solo queue system from 3v3 skirms by just addding certain arena systems and rewards (conquest and MMR system) so that gear won’t effect it as much as it does right now.

In theory it has potential to be the same as skirms but without mmr it’s not. Many players have lower ilvl gear and many times don’t even join. I’ve argued for solo q for years and have gladly compromised on giving skirms mmr

I’m amazed the Arena System hasn’t already transitioned to having all players click OK for the arena to actually start. It probably would work that way for SoloQueue but it makes it easy for people to snipe queues and dodge queues if t worked like that for actual arena

2 Likes

dude i want to play the game im not looking for nostalgia or a static

i literally had to play with over 30 different partners to get glad in season 1 of shadowlands i may as well have been in solo queue

3 Likes

thanks for the feedback :smiley:

A thousand times this! If I can play the game, I can stay subbed!

2 Likes

soloq is bad.

Anyone who says otherwise is just on the ret paladin youtuber hype train because they can’t think for themselves let alone think in general.

This is skirmishes but as a brawl. Skirmishes have hidden MMR, they give you rewards. How is this any different? I’m all ears.

1 Like

“Anyone who disagrees with me, can’t think for themselves” lol

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see the whining when no healers queue solo queue and every hybrid gets all the rage whispers.
Going to be amazing

1 Like

Wow someone actually realizes one of the core fundamental problems with soloq.

And the soloq activist solution to this is “Just make it so you NEED a healer to get in the game”

Proceed to wait 15 minutes just to lose because outcomped and outgeared
Go to forums and cry about soloq needing fixes
Rinse repeat until soloq is removed because it’s a terrible system

People literally can’t think like humans anymore lmao

1 Like

You quickly turned into the most annoying non dozer poster here

If you don’t want to play it don’t q it. Just as you don’t see a point in people wanting this I don’t see a point in you trying to predict it’s lack of success just for the chance at an “I told ya so” later on

8 Likes

Because we already have walking proof of what solo queue will be like.

Warmane WOTLK 3.3.5 Solo Queue. You sit ~5m+ queues at 2k+ to get into games, regardless of if 2s or 3s. Admittedly this is a private server with substantially less players than retail (Though I’d argue that to be wrong in the current state).

And the requirements for said solo queue is that you HAVE to have a healer for 3s, not for 2s. The problem being, you’re going to 95% of the time get a healer who is actually trying to be good, learn, and improve every game.

And the problems with that translated to retail? There’s a LOT more people here that are new to PVP, the game in general, a spec, etc… That will cause frustration. 2k players, such as Dozer, will flame these people for not understanding what to do and cause said healers to leave the PVP scene when they don’t have friends because it’s not fun to deal with scum that think they’re hot, like yourself and the ego you tried to show off in your own response, and will effectively quit the solo queue.

ALl of this will culminate in solo queue dying and having longer queues than normal queueing 3s or 2s.

But please tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. I mean I just spent half an hour watching warmane vods of solo queue to make sure I had my queue timers correct.

Don’t get me started on the DPS problems either.

Edit: And don’t forget about the gearing issue!
I don’t need to read all the forum posts of people praising the Lord for solo queue being added without thinking of literally every problem that’s going to cause it to crash and burn hard.

1 Like

You’re acting like this will replace something that you hold dear to you when it won’t. If it sucks nobody will q it and that’s fine, the game is literally in the same spot that it is now.

Some people actually treat wow like a video game and not a full time job, and don’t use their 3s rating for validation in other areas of their life. People like yourself that are against solo q are either controlling and opinionated or play this game 40 hours a week. I’m guessing you’re both

8 Likes